Buying Interstate

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 15:02
ThreadID: 55360 Views:1350 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking to buy a second hand van and may need to look outside SA. Is there a consumer advocate in each state to check on the credentials of a seller so we don't finish up with a van that belongs to a finance company or worse.
There is one advertised in Newcastle so NSW is the first cab of the rank.
Appreciate your input.
M.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 15:33

Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 15:33
Yes, all States have a similar system for checking on the credentials of 'vehicles'. In NSW it's called REVS Link
AnswerID: 291784

Reply By: Member - Axle - Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 19:25

Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 19:25
G/day Mate, Yes Revs the one to check the details, But if your coming to NSW to check out caravans, Please have a talk to Kempsey Caravans on the Mid north coast, Just my recomendation after a purchase not so long ago!!!!, Honest as a day is long, Not worth mucking about with over priced smelling vans in the private sector as far as i'm concerned. Good luck!

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 291816

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 19:27

Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 19:27
Gday,
I bought a bike interstate a few years ago.
Getting a revs check is one thing...but handing over the money, knowing it is the item you paying for and getting it on transport is another.
It come down to a point of ,Ill take the risk and buy it, but would he put in on transport and then Ill send him money who do I put the money in his account and hope that he would send me something???

I contacted a lawyer in the area and they were more than happy to help.
I think they charged me about $100 to get the REVS check, folow the bloke to the transport company with the bike, give him the money and post the rego papers on to me.
The bloke (lawyer) I was dealing with even got his mate to come around and start the bike in case there was anything obvious wrong with it.

Hope this helps.

Check on freight costs too!!!!!!

Cheers
AnswerID: 291817

Reply By: Member - eerfree(QLD) - Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 20:52

Sunday, Mar 09, 2008 at 20:52
Mal and Di
Revs will be able to tell you if there is any money owing on the particular van but you should also check with the Police who can tell you if the van is or is not on the stolen vehicle list.

eerfree
AnswerID: 291831

Sponsored Links