Under Tray tool boxes - where to move fuel filler ?

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 00:57
ThreadID: 55460 Views:6051 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a GU ST Cab chassis (Trayback) have had two excellent underTray toolboxes made (for between cab & rear wheels) I have to move auxillary fuel tank filler hose .... I guess forward to just behind cab ... have got some hoses (main & vents) and getting some 40 mm pipe bent - any other suggestions ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Craig D (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:01

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:01
Probably not much help, but I had a cut-out in the right hand tool box to enable the filler to exit around the original point, but still had to extend the filler hose. Not much room behind the cab I'm afraid.
AnswerID: 292253

Reply By: desert - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 16:04

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 16:04
I did the same mod, allowing a cut out "step" in the right hand tool box to allow the filler to remain in the stock position and extended the tube with the use of some exhaust tubing bent up to suit. I have stretched the wheel base by 330mm, this now allows for a couple of decent sized toolbox and a 85 litres water tank on the passenger side, between cab and wheel, 90 litre water tank mid-mount above the axle, plus the existing factory fuel tanks. 90 litre fuel tank mid-mount forward of water tank and on passenger side of tail-shaft.
AnswerID: 292336

Sponsored Links