stockman's hall of fame, good but could be better

Submitted: Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:01
ThreadID: 5556 Views:1579 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all. We've just landed back from a quick trip north.... Gippsland Vic to Winton and Longreach Qld. Did the travelling show thing and headed for the S.H.F. Impressed with the money spent but found it not the modern place I would have expected. Yeah... modern building and computers ... but old fashioned museum ideas. I like it ....

If you are later middle aged or older, and like reading or watching videos, this is going to give you a good few hours of interest. There is an extensive range of static display material.

There are no real interactive or hands-on experiences. The biggest surprise to me was the amount of Victorian high country material and how little of the outback Queensland material presented.

This place has got potential and most of you lot with interest in the outback will enjoy it greatly. Don't miss it but don't expect too much!

PS... Great hamburgers at a good price for lunch.. Cheers Royce
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 15:53

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 15:53
Thanks for the info Royce we are stopping there for 2 days on uor way home from the Gulf , looks like we should visit at lunch time.Regards Bob
27th June Gulf trip
AnswerID: 23069

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 16:30

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 16:30
Last time I was there Peter Costello was doing one of those "bush discovery" tours that city politicians do occasionally to try and look good in the bush.

I almost inserted myself in the line for a free "smokoh", but was picked as a "ring-in" and had to buy my own :-)

Yeah, they burgers are great - and so are the people.

Enjoy the gulf - dont forget Lawn Hill and the Gregory River.

DennisN
FollowupID: 15298

Follow Up By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 18:03

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 18:03
All in the itinerary thanks DennisRegards Bob
27th June Gulf trip
FollowupID: 15300

Sponsored Links