airconditioning

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 20:36
ThreadID: 55717 Views:1594 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have put a Dimplex - DAC 1200RC portable refrigerated air conditioner in my pop top motorized caravan.---- (that’s what it is registered as)
I sacrificed the centre cupboard in front kitchen, fitted the unit in nice and snug with the hot air exhaust pipe at a right angle through the wall into the gas bottle compartment, I had to put an extra vent in the door to make sure the air vented out fast.
The wheels are still on so put padded 50mm angle iron at the rear each side to stop it moving backwards and strapped it in place, it gets plenty of air at the rear and sides, also can be taken out to clean the filter which is at the rear of unit, it only intrudes 100mm out the front and is neat and tidy.
Started it up in the 40deg heat with top down and was really cold, and with top up was still comfortable, body size is 13ft 6.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Axle - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 20:51

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 20:51
Kevin, How did you control the noise??, have a brand new one sitting in the cupboard in spare room, used it a couple times in the bedroom, Just way to noisy!!.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 293666

Follow Up By: Member - kevin Y (SA) - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:19

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:19
mine is not much noisier than our large circulating fan , when its strapped in it even went quieter ---less vibration i guess
FollowupID: 559451

Sponsored Links