EO Sticker spotted today at Murray Bridge/Palmer

Submitted: Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:18
ThreadID: 55876 Views:2078 Replies:3 FollowUps:18
This Thread has been Archived
Coming back from Little Desert today, we spotted a white Troopy with a camper trailer and an EO sticker on the back cargo door (passenger's side). The Troopy turned right at the lights in the middle of Murray Bridge and went through Palmer.

We saw you manage to get around an old bus (somebody's mobile home) with the number plate of "SLOWLY" (very appropriate), but I couldn't get past him to catch up to you again.

Anybody know who this was?

Roachie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Louie the fly - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:20

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:20
And you didn't drop in?
AnswerID: 294485

Follow Up By: Louie the fly - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:21

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:21
BTW, wasn't me.
FollowupID: 560372

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:21

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:21
Sorry mate.............maybe next time.....
FollowupID: 560385

Follow Up By: Louie the fly - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 21:43

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 21:43
Found out that the old yellow Ford bus "SLOWLY" that you were stuck behind belongs to The Handbrake's sister & her hubby. Didn't know they had that rego # but yes, very appropriate.
FollowupID: 560630

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:07

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:07
Travelling east from Kaniva to Nhill this morning approx 8.30am I rang a certain members phone number (allegedly in the Little Desert) and when it went to message service I left an appropriate message.

Do you thing that member has answered the said message - Noooooooooooo!.

AnswerID: 294494

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:12

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:12
Glad to see u home safely
FollowupID: 560377

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:20

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:20
WTF!!! My phone's battery was dead and I had no service where we were in any case.

Now, WTF were you doing out there anyway???? Oh ye full of excuses as to why he couldn't make it to 'his' club's trip to Little Desert (which we organised for HIS benefit, seeing as how he is our only victorian member.....you'd think he'd be able to come up with a plausible reason for missing the barmitzfer....his excuse as to why he couldn't make it!!!! hahahaha).

If you'd have hung around on that bit of road, you would have caught up with all of us as we exited the desert onto that road. Pesty, Richard and Pete turned right and went into Nhill to attend to repairs to their toymotas (they all had break-downs of one sort or another), whilst potential new member, Grant, and our truck full of Roachs of varying sizes, turned left and headed home in our non-toymota vehicles, (which required no assistance or replacement parts or welding or anything else).

I was chuffed when they (ie: the toymotos owners), referred to MY truck as the "D9" of the club. Something to do with the way we managed to single-handedly move several 10 tonne + trees off the tracks in Little Desert....... hahhaha

Roachie
FollowupID: 560383

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:36

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:36
Well Captain (my phone battery was dead) D U D = dud.

If you were all skilled up on phone battery charging, you would have answered said phone and arranged a way point/RV/meeting place where I could have bagged you in person.

Also, never you mind what I was doing tooling West to East in the subject area in the magnificent JEEP machine.

I did however take/make a detour with the express purpose of catching up with you lot, to find out you can't, won't or have no idea how to charge a cellphone battery.

My Next G was working all round that area without a hiccup.

Hey Roachie! one of those 4.2 td GU heaps of cow dung tried to drag me off on an uphill passing lane thingy. All he saw was the JEEP disappearing in the distance up that loooooong mother of a hill and try as he might it was all to no avail.

FollowupID: 560387

Follow Up By: Blaze - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:47

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:47
Lucy,

Heard a romour were over this way, you should have done the Old Coach Rd back to Vic after leavin Des's and we would have said Gidday. We came back from Neds Corner today that way and seen HEAPS of mexicans going home the back way to try and hide the fact that they preferred being in this great state over Easter .... hehehe
FollowupID: 560394

Follow Up By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:04

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:04
QUOTE " If you'd have hung around on that bit of road, you would have caught up with all of us as we exited the desert onto that road. Pesty, Richard and Pete turned right and went into Nhill to attend to repairs to their toymotas (they all had break-downs of one sort or another), "

Mmmmmmmmmm....... What I heard you say was you didn't want to go the long way because you may not make it home.... and there was concerns shown by the Roach mob that there was no local corner stores out there for spare parts for the missan!

Regards Richard

FollowupID: 560436

Follow Up By: Garbutt - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:09

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:09
We came back from Neds Corner today that way and seen HEAPS of mexicans going home the back way to try and hide the fact that they preferred being in this great state over Easter .... hehehe

Nice comment Blaze except for the irony that you were at Ned's Corner, which is in good old VICTORIA.

GB
FollowupID: 560447

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:20

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:20
Saw you the other day GB.

Des Lexic pointed you out in your distinctive vehicle as we were passing you on thge way to Barmera.

He went into great detail on how to avoid you. (LOL)

FollowupID: 560471

Follow Up By: Blaze - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:43

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:43
Mr Garbutt

You werent sposed to comment on that.... No Vics picked it up LOL I was over there getting pictures for the next lot of West End adds.... When I wanted to enjoy myself I hoped in the boat and sat in NSW for awhile...
FollowupID: 560475

Follow Up By: Garbutt - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:54

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:54
Lucy
"Des Lexic pointed you out in your distinctive vehicle as we were passing you on thge way to Barmera.

He went into great detail on how to avoid you. (LOL)"

I never try to prevent Lexic from leaving the Riverland. Returning, however, is a different story.

Blaze,

"Mr Garbutt

You werent sposed to comment on that.... No Vics picked it up "

You're forgetting that I am Vic born and bred. Go the Saints!

GB
FollowupID: 560477

Follow Up By: Dasher Des - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 13:49

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 13:49
Member for Garbutt, As previously stated, I was in the company of the said member Lucy, and unfortunately didn't have mobile with me to ring you. Tried later but u had retired from Ahern Street for the day otherwise I was willing to introduce you to the above foresaid member.
The only reason that you do'nt want me in the Riverland is so that you can have a win at Bowls. LOL
FollowupID: 560486

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 23:45

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 23:45
What a load of dribble, the usual that we have come to expect of you Mr Roach.
Firstly the Toymotas as you called them required NO repairs as usual, they performed perfectly all w/e as we would expect, fuel and lunch were the needs for a quick visit to the city of Nhill.
As usual you high tailed it outa sight in the opposite direction when we mentioned spending the day 4wding in sand tracks where a bit of a challenge might present itself.
Was a great relief to us actually to get rid of the nisshandbrake at the rear, holding us back from doing some real 4wding!
Yes we did make referance to a D9 when we were talking about the chevyniss pus bucket.
Loud, rough, heavy, thirsty and a complete overkill for a bitumen buddy to own. As for the couple of TWIGGS you pushed off the track, ill buy gold off you anyday if you think they were anywhere near a ton, let alone 10!
Oh Roachy Roachy Roachy, what an imagination you have thinking you could catch and pass a toyota, but I guess it kept you entertained for the arvo! LOL

Cheers Ya Ol Mate Pesty
FollowupID: 560668

Reply By: Blaze - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:39

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 21:39
Not a good advert Mr Roach, a Troopy rounded up an old bus but the 5.6 Chevissan couldn't ???? LOL
AnswerID: 294501

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 22:10

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 22:10
Can't even charge a phone battery and you expect him to catch a Troopy.

C'mon! Blaze - just thank your lucky stars that you are going to be with Uncle Des in May and not Roachie.

I know I am thanking my lucky stars that you are with Mr 'Mystery Tour' Ooops! Meant Uncle Des.

Ask him about his trip from Port Campbell to John (R) Vic place weekend before last.

Actually, you had better ask his SWMBO, because her version is just fascinating to listen to.
FollowupID: 560402

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 22:23

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 22:23
Blaze,

I only provided the "short" version of that bit of the trip. The Troopy overtook the old bus quite safely, but immediately after it had done so, I was confronted with double unbroken centre lines for the remainder of the S-L-O-W ride up the hill behind the bus.

Once at the top, I was able to safely and legally pass the old bus and I did actually catch the troopy again.....just as he continued straight ahead towards Birdwood, where I had to turn off to head towards Williamstown and Gawler.

Soooo, nothing to do with power (or lack thereof).... hahahaha
FollowupID: 560405

Follow Up By: Dasher Des - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:23

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:23
So it took you nearly 80k's of hell raising risk taking driving trying to catch an old Troopy after you passed the bus. Was the hill with unbroken double lines 75k's long. Maybe they're not so Droopy after all.
FollowupID: 560452

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:17

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:17
Now, Now then Dasher Des, I don't think it was any more than about 15klm until I caught up with said troopy....and I wasn't racing or anything. My boy-racer days are a distant and fading memory; much more sedate now.... to the extent that I was driving at about 100k/h on the hwy with a limit of 110k/h. Again, nothing to do with power lacking; just enjoying the trip safely, conserving some fossil fuel, thumbing-it up at the "Flash-For-Cash" blokes as well as enjoying seeing the procession of rev-heads overtaking me every time an overtaking lane came along....hahahaha
FollowupID: 560464

Sponsored Links