Hillbilly Camp Ovens

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 19:31
ThreadID: 56125 Views:2734 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I would like to thank everyone for their help in post 55946. After reading the post I headed down to the caravan & camping show at Rose hill & purchased two 12.5 liter Bushking kits. So of to the butchers straight after. Picked up pork roast, leg lamb, beef roast. I invited my kids back home for a feed, best critic I think they will definitely let me know if the food is no good. I put 10 heat beads under the bottom 20 heat beads on the lid. I'm sure my wife thinks that we are feeding an army with the amount of veggies she peeled so I filled both veggie trays that come with the Bushkings anyway cut a long story short I was able to get the perfect crispy baked veg's. The veg tray is a big hit in my view & to top it off the pork skin turned into crunchy crackling something that I have not been able to do in my cobb cookers. The critics loved the food. I will be honest this was my first time I cooked in the hillbilly camp ovens or any other camp ovens & it will not be my last.

Thank you all

Cheers Macca
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 19:43

Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 19:43
Macca,

I told you that they were good :))

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 295840

Follow Up By: Ozymacca - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 17:59

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 17:59
Thanks kev & Darkie

I Have taken on board all advice from this website & I have not looked back. I have had the best advise so far on all the products I have purchased.

Custom Boatloader - simply the best

Slip n ezy outboard bracket - works a treat

Cobb Cooker - Make anyone think you can cook

Thermos shuttle chef - Unreal stews but I have lost it due to the handbrake using it at home all the time. I come home now to a note dinner is in the shuttle chef I've gone to bingo with the girls.

HilllBilly camp ovens - to easy for the first time cooking in a camp oven.

Thanks Everyone
FollowupID: 562244

Reply By: Bill n Di - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 13:49

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 13:49
King of the Cobb, the Shuttle King and now the camp oven!

He's an awesome cook is Macca - we've tasted his wares, and seen the "catering complex" in action. I have never seen so much food - and it was beautifu!!

Cheers Tom - can't wait till we get over again for a feed!

Di
AnswerID: 296136

Follow Up By: Ozymacca - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 18:13

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 at 18:13
Bill n Di

I'm sure I can put the camp ovens to good use when we meet up again - The gang hopes to see you soon.

Joe & lorraine are having a ball at king Ash Bay. Plenty crabs & Barra.
FollowupID: 562252

Sponsored Links