PayPal

Submitted: Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:20
ThreadID: 56535 Views:2122 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Check out the 11 Apr Blog top of this Page....silverback
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:11

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:11
Had a read of the blog and question 1 regarding terms of service about waivering your rights, this statement is not realy true because if PayPal is operating in Australia the have to abide by Australia consumer law.

As a business you can not alter Australia consumer law in any way even if the customer signs a dec. stating that they understand and agree to the new terms waivering any rights they may have.

Alot of businesse will try a bluff there way out of complying with the law.

In our businesses that we have we always get the customer to sign the bottom of the work order stating some of our terms and conditions, in our terms and conditions we can not make the customer agree to anything that changers the rights under Australia consumer law or are to hard to comply with or outside industrie standards.

Example....we have a clause that state any outstanding debts out side our trading term will incure interest chargeable at no more then to Reserve bank leanding mount as printed in the Australia Financial Review plus any expeneses incured.

If we said that the customer will be charge 25% we could be challenged in court and we would have to justify how we came up with the 25%......and more then likely we would not get away with it due to the fact we may be able to borrow money to cover that debt at 12%, hence we are making extra money out of the customer and this is not allowed.

Consumer law is a very very complicated act.

It is surprising how company will try to bluf there way with customers and 9 times out of 10 the company will exceed duet o the not being bothered or not undersatnding Australian consumer law.

Regards Richard

AnswerID: 297958

Follow Up By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:08

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:08
Olcoolone
that last statement covers what I'm on about, who bothers.

Everyone, remember they are NOT a bank, rather a clearing house and are not covered buy the banking laws in Australia.
Colin.
FollowupID: 564098

Reply By: Lyds - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 15:42

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 15:42
I use PayPal for purchases and I love it. Apart from ease of use, their protection works too.

On a recent ebay deal the highly rated supplier disappeared off the planet and I didn't receive the goods. PayPal acted on my behalf to have my money returned.

AnswerID: 297983

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:41

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:41
makes you wonder what the motivation was for the blog....silverback
FollowupID: 564080

Follow Up By: DIO - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:22

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:22
PayPay could be great HOWEVER I got caught by a shonky *%$@!)*& who failed to deliver the goods that I paid for USING PayPal. Why couldn't I get my money back, PayPal eventually told me that because he didn't have any money in his account they couldn't do anything about it. Amount in question was about $15.00 or so. Apparently he was 'blacklisted' (whatever that really means I don't know) by e-bay and PayPal -- I still haven't got my money back, probably never will. Not much, but it's the principle of it that annoys me. I know who he is, I know where he lives and I know what he looks like. But at the risk of confronting him and then be accused of assault (or threats as such - regardless of whether they are true or not) it's just not worth it. He'll get his ONE DAY.
FollowupID: 564087

Follow Up By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:42

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:42
David P
One burnt twice shy mate, yeah 95%+ have no problem, great, BUT what if you are number 96-100, how will you react?
Colin. Thats why the blog.
FollowupID: 564092

Follow Up By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:04

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:04
DIO that very subject is covered in the EX employees letter in the blog. They (PayPal) are judge jury & executioner in any dispute, there is NO further recourse. Your bank details are exposed to phishing by un scrutinized employees and/or their friends, as well as lax security measures that are wide open to scamers. Yes you can sue, for what? $10-200 or so, who would bother, that's what they are hoping for.
Colin.
FollowupID: 564095

Reply By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:55

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:55
David P
you said in a reply "Makes you wonder abut the reason for the blog"

I would have thought that reading the blog would make that questions answer self evident????
Colin.
AnswerID: 298025

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:30

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:30
so tell me exactly what was the ex pay pal managers motivation for his blog,revenge,beaten to the girl or public service, who do you trust...???...silverback
FollowupID: 564104

Follow Up By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:56

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 20:56
Maybe it's as simple as that ancient & old fashioned motive, conscience????? Who knows, I don't.

Who knows why the many other ex employees ( A goggle search will bring out many such examples) did the same thing, and outed PayPal ????

There is no smoke without fire.
Colin.
FollowupID: 564109

Reply By: Member - David P (VIC) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 21:01

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 21:01
All I know is I DONT.....silverback
AnswerID: 298032

Reply By: On Patrol (East Coast) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 21:05

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 21:05
The Blog is in no way telling you what to do, it just gives people a bit of food for thought, and once burnt I would hate myself if I did not warn others of the risk.

Do what you want with the information, I just hope none of you are caught by them, without fair warning.

Remember, as of May 17th 2008 you can ONLY use PayPal on E-bay except for "pick ups" and even then the payment option MUST include PayPal or NO LISTING will be accepted by E-bay.

Read the blog before you consent to anything, it MAY save you many dollars.
Good luck.
AnswerID: 298035

Sponsored Links