PlotSwap Home Feedback

Submitted: Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:28
ThreadID: 56548 Views:2625 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
TALL blonde I’m not
I’m all confused, as I’m from the era when Holden had a single tail light, so you see I’m not very bright, and the first time here, so be patient with me, and I know your blokes are a great bunch, most of the times, I need your help with next G, nokia, my beloved nokia 6255 cdma as been very loyal in almost everywhere along the coast of Australia, now I’m forced to divorce it, very sad, yesterday got a next g sim card put it in to a Samsung, a Telstra blue tick , not very nice to drive it ,it’s all double Dutch to me, next g operates on 850 mghrts Telstra tells me that only phones bought from Telstra , like the N95 works on next g . not the N95 you can buy from places like DSE or any another retailers, I suspect I have been told bullllllll I thought any dissent phone with external antenna, supporting 850 mghrts or any of multi frequencies should do the job, do not need a video calls or internet, just plain voice calls in the outback within reason. Thanks guys

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - David P (VIC) - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:46

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:46
Maybe not tall, but.....I digress they are all desperate performance based salesmen just like electrolux .....silverback
AnswerID: 298015

Reply By: George_M - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:48

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 18:48
Geez mate - you're bloody game raising the topic of NextG on this site!!! (lol). I suspect that what you've been told is "not quite" correct, in that the original N95 unit did not support NextG.

On the other hand have a look at Nokia N95

It lists 850mhz WCDMA as an operating frequency - that is NextG.

I guess the only was to tell whether a N95 purchased from a non-Telstra sellerwill work on the NextG network is to check the manual in the shop, try it in the shop (making sure of course that the unit is actually working on the NextG network, and not GSM), and make it a condition of your purchase that it supports NextG.

Good luck!!!!
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 298016

Sponsored Links