Caravan Antenna Feedback

I would dispute the finding that a Yagi antenna doesn't cover the range of frequencies for Caravaners, as one of the most popular products on the market (and best performing across all areas) is Aussievan's Easytune antenna and it uses a Yagi/Dipole combination. I then read the page sponsors web site and found the exact article above on their site espousing the benefits of their product.....so this editorial is really an 'advertorial' it seems. Their are other factors that influence the best choice of antenna for caravaners that should be considered by prospective purchasers, one being ease of use, another portability, and also the ability to easily and quickly be mounted in a vertical configuration for vertical polarised tv signals. Here the Aussievan product wins hands down!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: matt and nik - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 21:52

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 21:52
Looking to buy a good aerial set up for the more remote areas, is the easytune suitable for this aplication?
A mate who just came from a trip around Oz recommends a satelite antenna?
Anyone recommend an aerial?"

Cheers
Matt
AnswerID: 299090

Follow Up By: bruce - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:03

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:03
Over the last 10 - 12 yrs we have used the T barv type arial , it has served us well , being very compact , very light , very easy to put up and gives a reasonably good reception....in the back room has sat a Explorer C10 which we bought many years ago but did not use because we had a camper trailer and considered it to bulky for the camper....recently we purchased a laptop and hybrid digital/analogue tv tuner to use when we go of touring /camping in our poptop caravan...in the testing that has been done before we venture off we tried 3 different arials , those 2 and the one on our house....the C10 and the house arial are boosted.....the C10 was by a very long way the better of the 3 arials picking up many channels that the other 2 did not....cheers
FollowupID: 565310

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 22:04

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 22:04
I also find it a wonderful thing that we live in a democratic society with freedom of speech and flag burning.

AnswerID: 299093

Reply By: deserter - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:41

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:41
I use the Wineguard that came with the van. I don't reckon they are much chop.
AnswerID: 299183

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 19:15

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 19:15
Ive just got a Saturn Omni 3000 that is supposed to be good as it does both polaritys. Should work anywhere there is reception regardless of polarity of signal
FollowupID: 565356

Reply By: Graham & Ann - Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 20:11

Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 20:11
we use one similar to the duel boom log periodic Poltec 35
no need for boosters etc...

but to get ch 1-5 in fringe areas we have taped extendable rabbit ears to the rear elements..

works a treat, and can be mounted on 45 angle when in areas where some channels need verticle and others horozontal mounting.

cost around $45 plus $10 for rabbit ears...

AnswerID: 299699

Sponsored Links