Track conditions

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 14:22
ThreadID: 5674 Views:1345 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I see on this site the Stezlecki Track is closed due to flooding ... and with the rain we are having in W.A probably going there as well I need to know :-
1)Is the Strezlecki likely to be open in a week or so time , and
2)Is the road from Hyden to Norseman affected by water (ie closed).

We are leaving on July 1st and planned to go via Hyden->Norseman on our way to Stezlecki & then Cape York ....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Darian - Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 14:40

Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 14:40
Transport SA site says the Strz is open - that is my mail - you may find that the OLD Strz (alongside the Strzelecki Creek) is closed around the Della field area (I surmise only), but Lyndhurst to Moomba and then around to Innamincka appears to be smooth travellijg (in outback terms). BOL.Love the bush - stuck in the city - help.
AnswerID: 23569

Reply By: sharky - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 17:13

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 17:13
Is there a reason you are heading through Strzelecki rather then Birdsville way?
We are heading to the Cape ourselves on 4th of July. Our plan is to go straight up north from Adelaide to Birdsville and then Mt Isa, visit Lawn Hill on the way and then cut accross the Gulf country through Normanton to Dunbar and Musgrave. Of course this depends on the weather conditions. We'll be traveling in a convoy of 3, 2 Jackaroos and one Rodeo. We are members of Holden 4WD Club of SA and maybe we'll come accross you on the road. We are planning on staying for 6 weeks in Queensland.
AnswerID: 23670

Follow Up By: lizard - Saturday, Jun 28, 2003 at 00:05

Saturday, Jun 28, 2003 at 00:05
Going via Strezlecki as want to visit Dig Tree and Cordillo Downs on the way - will drop into Birdsville for a few days R&R , then Longreach ->Cape York , then home via Gulf & a week in Gurig ......
FollowupID: 15870

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)