auto problems

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 20:08
ThreadID: 57019 Views:1637 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hey all

i noticed today in my lc 105 turbo diesel auto,that when i use the
overdrive button and switch it on at about 80kph when the lock up clutch engages there is a small spike in rpm only about 100 revs and only for a split second.

and i am also wondering if this would have anything to do with the light shudder i get every now and then at about 65kmh and 1500rpm with light throttle and only lasts a few seconds.

i have had the car to 3 different mechanics and none of them can tell me what it is,anyway i feel i might be up for a new converter.
can a dodgy converter cause all kinds of problems through the drive line.
has anybody out there experienced any of these problems and had them fixed.

regards brentos
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - 120scruiser (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:13

Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:13
The cruiser autos do get a shudder in the lock up. The last one I had a problem with I obtained an additive from my automatic subby and it fixed it. I can't remember the name of it but if you look up A Class Automatics in Penrith and ask Joe he will be able to tell you as he has it on his shelf. It is a synthetic additive and works a treat.
AnswerID: 300725

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 17:57

Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 17:57
Common for them to do all sorts of funny things, but they are a truck box and wont let you down if you do two things...regularly service and adjust the kickdown cable to spec....this should be done as past of the service, all they need os the filter cleaned and new oil. If you can do that yourself, you save $80
Andrew
AnswerID: 300785

Reply By: mechpete - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 20:52

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 20:52
it sounds very much like my old GQ auto, it would every now an then show the same flare in revs ,hardly noticable , didnt have the shudder though .
it was the sloenoid that applies the convertor clutch , common on high mileage vehicles , it doesn,t hold the clutch on fully so it is locking an unlocking .
cheers mechpete .
AnswerID: 301045

Sponsored Links