Landcruiser 100/105 Dash Gauge Failure

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 20:15
ThreadID: 57020 Views:17742 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Went out for a play today, and on the way home stalled the cruiser. When I restarted it, none of my gauges work and I have the battery light on.

Checked all the fuses in the box behind the primary battery, they all look good. Could have been a delayed symptom from some of the mud puddles that were encountered during the day, I know cars love mud, and I guess it sounds like maybe the alternator isn't too happy.

Just wondering if anybody else has encountered this and if there is something as simple as a magic dash fuse hidden somewhere I haven't looked yet. Car still starts and drives, just no speedo/tacho/oil/fuel gauges.

Cheers,
Brad
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 20:28

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 20:28
Hi Ingtar,

Check out you alternator, give it a good flush out and also pull the wires off the back of it and give them clean and a spray of CRC or WD40 or something like that. That should help fix the problem as the same thing happened on my 80 Series and has worked fine since about 4 years ago.

Hope this helps,

David
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 300657

Follow Up By: Ingtar - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:08

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:08
Yeah I thought something like that. The battery light made me think it might not have been getting a good power signal from the alternator. I'll try it tomorrow when it's dark

Thanks
FollowupID: 566817

Follow Up By: Member - Hughesy (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 15:44

Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 15:44
I'd try the same as David mentioned. I had the same thing happen on a 75 series and it was the plug into the back of the alternator. Your battery won't get any charge until you fix it so don't do too much driving.
FollowupID: 566893

Reply By: autosparky - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:01

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:01
your windscreen doesnt leak?
fuse box on drivers side
fuse box passenger side
if wires come thru main grommets on passenger side arent sealed where wiring comes thru water seeps in and onto these fuse boxes. (drivers side too) dash fuses in these 2 spots
main fuse box is on passenger side near battery
AnswerID: 300663

Follow Up By: Ingtar - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:11

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:11
Windscreen has just been replaced and doesn't *seem* to leak. Checked the main fuse box near the battery, looks ok.

Are you saying there are dash fuses just after the wiring enters the cabin? I couldn't really see any fuses up there without pulling off panels, but that is the type of info I was chasing.
FollowupID: 566818

Reply By: autosparky - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:40

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 21:40
just above kick panels left and right there are fuse boxes
remove scuff plates (just lift on push clips unscrew threaded plastic clip pull away kick panels and fuse boxes will appear . good jap technology , will tell you the fuse is in either fuse box. could be marked as meter or dash but i think it is marked as meter fuse probably 10 or 15 amp
AnswerID: 300677

Sponsored Links