3 Room Tents

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 13:44
ThreadID: 57113 Views:3802 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I'm currently shopping for a 3 room tent (2 bedrooms either side of a central 'living' room). I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Coleman Chalet9, the Diamantina/Drysdale or the Spinifex or Oztrail ones?? I'm looking to spend no more than $500 as we'll mostly be using it with a tarp over top for extra cooking/ eating space, so figure spending anymore may be overkill. Really looking for something pretty quick to set up/dismantle (have a 2 & 4 yr old!) and pretty good quality zips, poles etc. Any other brand suggestions also most welcome! Many thanks..

Jace
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 16:17

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 16:17
I've got a chalet 9 although I've only used it once and it was a few years back, I usually use my CT or smaller tents for the trip I do. SWMBO prefers the tent. From memory the tent was pretty easy to set up and pack down, coloour coded poles from memory, it also fitted easily back into it's bag. Being a large tent I reckon it might be a pain to refold on a windy day. We really liked all the little pockets and cable entry points etc and found it well made. My Coleman 4 person tent still looks like new after many years and many outings.
AnswerID: 301159

Reply By: Vivid Adventures - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 16:34

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 16:34
I have a Blackwolf Turbo Tent Lite 300 which serves me really well.

But it is more like $1,000 than $500.
AnswerID: 301163

Follow Up By: Mainey (wa) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 18:10

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 18:10
A second vote for the BlackWolf brand.... worth the money too

Mainey . . .
FollowupID: 567254

Reply By: RalfR - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 17:59

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 17:59
I have the Chalet 9 and like it a lot. It works well for a family of four, with the end rooms being used for bedrooms.

I can put it up myself, although it is easier with two, one on either side. Zips and poles are good. The awnings that extend from the doors are faily useless and using a tarp to expand that area is good. The tent is waterproof and has lots of nice features such as a sunroof, internal cable guides and few pickets for storage of keys, torches etc. I think you may need to buy an extra section for the awning poles to give you a little extra height if you plan to work underneath a tarp from that area.

We're happy with the quality, function and setup etc. I think they go for $350 or so.
AnswerID: 301173

Sponsored Links