Two kids and a Dunny

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 21:42
ThreadID: 57128 Views:1943 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Going back quite some years ago, a distant relative gave us cheap rent for a ramshackle house on his property. They lived about a mile away down on the flats.

Our house was well set back in the bush and nestled between a hill and a gully.

One day I decided to walk down and show one of the kids a couple of comic books I'd been given. Can't remember his name, but he told me he had to take the milk canister to get a refill.

After a bit of discussion we decided that I'd drive the Ute while he read the comics.

At the back of our house there was a so called short cut and we decided to go that way.

Bit off background first. From a very young age I'd been driving tractors and trucks but didn't have much experience with cars at the time.

The Ute had a few scratches and dints, but in pretty good condition for a farm vehicle. We were around 11-12 years of age at the time.

The house had a loop track going around it, and for whatever reason, I decided to take the lower section which meant there was a fair hill to climb at the back of the house.

At full steam we arrived at the level section where it was necessary to do a right hand turn. Turned the wheels, but was a bit slow in getting off the pedal.

Next thing we know the car is doing a full ark and heading for the outdoor dunny, which it completely demolished.

The Ute appeared to be ok until we had a look at the left hand side which revealed a fairly long gash. Panic set in, and we decided to rub dirt in it to make it appear like old damage.

A bit of time was spent in getting the Ute back to the track and we were quite happy with our youthful deception, until we looked at the dunny.

Round about this time the old lady came out of the house and cracked a fair dinkum fit. Both my mate and I took off up the hill and spent the night in the bush.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we both copped a thrashing, and I was sent off fruit picking down the road for a couple of weeks to pay for the damage.

Taught me a lesson about that right hand pedal.

Regards

Kim

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Axle - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 22:16

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 22:16
Kim,! Your growing up days resemble mine, To many similiar stories to tell, could laugh all day at the antics we got up to, But you know what!! we have lived!!, Were taught right from wrong under no uncertain terms from good parents that had probably nothing but good values! These days most parents want there kids to be A1, But the pressure from so many different areas makes it a very hard task.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 301228

Reply By: Member No 1- Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:28

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:28
tis a pity we never took photos of the damage we made while young ....seeing a demolished dunny (and all the fruit you picked)would be something to be proud of today
AnswerID: 301251

Sponsored Links