Coromal Off Road

Submitted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 12:33
ThreadID: 57166 Views:2726 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Is the Coromal Princeton off road (21'6") suited to travel along the Gibb River Road and up the road to Weipa? It has independant suspension but not a great deal of clearance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 15:19

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 15:19
I would seriously consider leaving it behind in Kununurra and doing the loop, Gibb River Rd, Tunnel creek back through Fitzroy Xing.

The Gibb can be awful or just plain rough, unless you follow the grader along.

AnswerID: 301462

Reply By: MARIC - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 16:12

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 16:12
Hi folks, we used a coromal poptop 17.6ft supposedly off road on Gibb River Rd and no problems u will only have problems if u DO NOT drive to the conditions, in other words easy easey said the monkey. Yet prior to that a jayco flamingo off road camper that springs shockies and doors and shelves didn't like the vibrations
we now have a princeton outback and have a bit of off road work but will be taking it bush as well. Best of Luck
It is only when you see mosquito land on your testicles that you find another way to solve problems without violence

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 301477

Reply By: Baz & Pud (Tassie) - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 17:03

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 17:03
Hi Folks, on this forum you will always get those who say yes and those who say no, but in Aug 06 we travelled the GRR towing a Concept Cross Pack built for off road travelling and we had no problems at all, but as advised, provided you drive to the conditions with a Coromal you have any trouble.
We had a Coromal Off Road ( with out convenience's) and had it over every rough road in Tassie and not one problem, great vans.
Enjoy the GRR but take your time its wonderful scenery .

Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 301488

Sponsored Links