Spotted Tiger

Submitted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 19:36
ThreadID: 57180 Views:3005 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I've been doing a bit of looking around for campsites along the Plenty Highway and came across a reference to Spotted Tiger Campground near Mt Palmer and Harts Range. Has anyone camped here and if so, how far off the Plenty is it and what was it like?

Viv
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: outback epicurean - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 22:22

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 22:22
Hi

I am not sure if its the same one but we stayed at a camping ground about 2km west of the Hartz Range Police station then about 4km south. It is not the camo ground at the Hartz Range race track! but another 2-3 km south into the ranges.

It was very strange. There was no sign on the road, no sign at the camping ground, no caretaker or honesty box, just a well laid out quite new camping ground with solar hot water, BBQ etc. We stayed for one night and no sign of anyone else, a bit of a Marie Celeste camping ground. It is a lovely spot in between the range and well protected. Taking the track further south leads to the range where mica and other minerals were mined, lots of old ruins and mine site. All in all a really interesting area but a real mystery as to the camping ground.

well worth a O/N but then things chnage quickly in that area and it could now be derelict. I would call the Hartz Rnbge Police stn to fine out more

good luck
AnswerID: 301582

Follow Up By: Vivid Adventures - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:28

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:28
Sounds like Lindsay Bookie's?
FollowupID: 567664

Follow Up By: Member - vivien C (VIC) - Friday, May 02, 2008 at 07:18

Friday, May 02, 2008 at 07:18
Thanks that's what I was looking for exactly.

I've since googled Spotted Tiger Campground and came up with a website which has a phone number. It sounds like an interesting place to stop for a few days.

Viv
FollowupID: 567675

Sponsored Links