100 series seat into standard landcruiser

Submitted: Friday, May 02, 2008 at 20:44
ThreadID: 57213 Views:15332 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I want to put 100 series gxl seat into my standard hzj105 lc.Has anyone done it ,looking for advice. Post 48227 was same question and there was someone who knew what to do,if this person is still online would it be possible to contact you. Thank you
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Vivid Adventures - Friday, May 02, 2008 at 20:48

Friday, May 02, 2008 at 20:48
I suspect it will be easy for the front and rear (middle) seats - just undo the bolts, lift them out and bolt in the new ones.

The front seats have four bolts surprise surprise - two front and two rear, just like in the standard as I recall.

The rear seats have to be folded up to get to the nuts but the same situation - I can't recall how many bolts, but it is not hard to take them out.

But the dicky seats would be another matter... I think that will be very hard unless you have all the hardware out of the donor GXL...
AnswerID: 301752

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Friday, May 02, 2008 at 21:02

Friday, May 02, 2008 at 21:02
You will also need to get an engineers certificate, and advise your insurance company. I think the GXL seats are buckets, and that will reduce the seating rating of the vehicle.
AnswerID: 301757

Reply By: Top End Explorer Tours - Friday, May 02, 2008 at 21:44

Friday, May 02, 2008 at 21:44
pval.

I have done this to my 100 series STD wagon, It is easy to do.

In the N.T. you must obtain permission before you do this if it is to become a Tour Vehicle, if it is a family car you can do it and then obtain a clearance , if you have done it to specs, you motor vehical register will have the specs to abide by.

The holes for the seat strikers are there except for the rear holes, they can be drilled and using high tensile bolts you can put them in, the rear tank has to be dropped first, you don't have to drop it all the way but you have to take out the spare tyre mount out first, once you drop the spare tyre mount, you drop the rear tank preferable on a jack, drill the 4 holes for the bolts, put the strikers in place and do the nuts up put the tank back.

Then you have to cut the floor to accept the seat under the rear strikers and fill it in with some sort of cavity, once you see what I am talking about it will become obvious.

To obtain the seat belts, you will need to order through a Repco or similar the lap sash and lap belt these can be fitted to the original seats, then it becomes tricky, and I advise you to seek professional help for this, I did my own, but after the second time, as the first time I watched a panel beater do the job.

Cost including seats and belts $1200 the seats were $750 the strikers $80 and the belts $370 approx if you have the seat belt fitted properly I would expect $200/$300 dollars.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 301767

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 10:14

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 10:14
I thought you meant rear dicky seats, after looking at the other thread I have seen you mean the middle row.

My info is for the 3rd row seats.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 567899

Reply By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 08:37

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 08:37
Pval,

You don't make it clear whether you want to put just the front bucket seats or front and back, dicky seats etc...

I can tell you that the front bucket seats bolt strait in without modification. They did in mine, which is a 2002 HZJ105R pov pack. I got a set of GXL seats from the wrecker and to fill the gap between them, fitted and aftermarket console between them.

Whilst I haven't done anything with the rear seat, I would like to eventually replace the rear seat with the 60/40 split folding GXL seat, but they are hard to come by and $$$$$$$$$$$.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark
AnswerID: 301801

Follow Up By: pval - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 13:17

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 13:17
I would like to change the front seats and the middle row of seats to the 60/40 split. thank you
FollowupID: 567917

Follow Up By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 18:17

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 18:17
You have some foot slogging around the wreckers to do. Once you find them, they will bolt straight in.

Cheers,
Mark
FollowupID: 567957

Reply By: Rossco td105 - Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 20:39

Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 20:39
G'day pval,

Don't forget to check the wiring for passenger sensor and seat belt warning lights, I have done the front seats conversion with no bolt hole probs other than sorting out the wiring, took a little fiddling to get it right. Seat belt warning light is easy, might just have to swap belt components, passenger load sensor is harder if your GXL seats don't have the load mat pre installed... I guessed it would allow air bags to operate correctly, so made sure it worked as per factory.

Regards,

Ross.
AnswerID: 301895

Sponsored Links