The things you see

Submitted: Monday, May 05, 2008 at 21:25
ThreadID: 57311 Views:3176 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just spent 3 days at Cheynes Beach,WA, stayed at the only caravan park ( thoroughly recommend the place) and on Sunday the son and I went up the beach, before high tide peaked, to do some fishing, anyway we at some point started our way back, by this time the tide had almost peaked, leaving only one track width between the waters edge and the sand dunes, when we come upon a abandoned trailer with 3 three wheelers on board plus some other gear. We could see that further along, in the distance, there were a couple of vehicles and some adults and kids, so we drove around the trailer, as the waves receded and continued on towards them. As we got close the first vehicle facing us was a 1994 Holden commodore auto sedan and on the other side a bogged jackaroo who was trying to rescue this guy, his wife and a couple of kids.......enter us....one track wide...water on one side and sand dune on the other.
Can you PLEASE help us....we are sorta stuck. I said to them "you did well to get your car this far".....Can you help us they asked again.......They were using an old piece of rope as a snatch strap and NO other recovery gear, not even a shovel, and the rope kept snapping so that when I got there it was only 4 ft long.
Well the jakaroo unhitched and took off...when the waves receded we drove around and using a 6 metre snatch strap we towed him ( he was in reverse) for about 3 kilometres back to hard ground INCLUDING one creek crossing...He thanked me very much then leaving his car there, jumped into the jakaroo with his mate and they went back for the trailer , the wife and the kids and as far as I know, went on further up the beach to do some camping , fishing and motorbike riding.....go figure
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Agroe (WA) - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 00:42

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 00:42
how bizzarre. some people have no idea. I get nervous going up to bluff creek at near high tide. if you get stuck or have toturn around you will get wet. great fishing along there. especially around that reef at bluff creek. i beleive it is quite eroded & storm damaged. did you catch much.
AnswerID: 302253

Follow Up By: Member - Phillip S (WA) - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 23:00

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 23:00
Agroe...lots of baitfish everwhere....two salmon, two buff bream one sargent baker( my son reckons) no herring( would have loved some) no flathead....but perfect weather...cheers Phil
FollowupID: 568464

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 09:32

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 09:32
Was down near the beach where the pallinup river gos out to sea . Got there at night and set up camp but the serenity was spoilt by all the revving coming from the beach - sounded like a recovery, went on for ages.
Finally a 4by towed up a magna full of young kids. He was crapping himself it had overheated and gone into limp home mode and the 4by barely made it off the beach.
Next morning I went for a beach run and had to let the tyres right dowmn it was that darn soft
AnswerID: 302285

Sponsored Links