Engine Transplant

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 18:07
ThreadID: 57460 Views:1584 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Trying to get some feedback on what others have done re replacing Zd 3lt engines . I would like to keep my GU but am not sure what to replace it with.EG 4.2 Nissan or V8 diesel . Just to put you in the picture, go 4x4ing at least once a month and 2 trips a year with small van.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 18:38

Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 18:38
Hi Cap'n

We looked at replacing the motor with a v8 diesel as we tow a heavy caravan. The cost was way beyond the end value of the vehicle, and it would be cheaper to trade it in on a different vehicle rather than convert what you have. If the motor is in good going order, it will tow a small caravan with no problems, so "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" If it is not in going order, the picture may be different. Look at other vehicles for sale and do the sums.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 303084

Reply By: westozal - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:24

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:24
Hi,
If you go to either Outerlimits or the Patrol forum I was reading about a mob that were putting the 5.7 Holden/chev Gen1 ala SS Commodore motors in the Patrols. Not sure who it was but I understand that you get the Patrol there dead or alive and they will sort it out and you drive away with the new motor in it.
I would expect to get no change from 10k, I believe they were new crate motors.
Regards Alan.
AnswerID: 303237

Sponsored Links