Tossing your mate in jail

Submitted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 22:31
ThreadID: 57514 Views:2153 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Back in the eighties I was working for a petroleum company, moving around all over the place. Most of the time I had a young fella called Ross helping me out.

As a couple of single fellas we got our selves into a bit of trouble and strife, but had some good times.

I was called on to go and fix up a problem in Gundagai. The 33 staff took to us pretty well, so I organised a bit of a Christmas Bash down by the river.

Leading up to this, Ross had been a bit cheeky fella, and I asked one of the local sheilas if she knew the coppers well.

Met up with Joe (one of the best coppers around) and we decided to get him on outstanding warrants (fictional). Non of the other staff knew about this, apart from Michele.

The plan was for Joe to come along with the paddy wagon, arrest young Ross and thrown him in the clink. However just before that, I received a message to ring the boss and went to the office.

On arriving back at the river, I was confronted by a mob of hysterical women telling me about the arrest.

We all then went up to the cop shop and confronted Joe. Without a word of a lie this fella played his part to the end.

Anyway to cut a long story short, Ross told me later that Joe was pretending to talk on the phone when he was in the cell and he almost #### himself at the thought of doing time for something he couldn't figure out.

I guess the moral of this story is there are still some good bush coppers around with a sense of humour.

If any of the locals know where Joe, or Michele finished up, let me know.

Regards

Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 22:38

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 22:38
I'm never coming on a trip with ya ! lol

Cheers
AnswerID: 303355

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 22:54

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 22:54
I would be looking over my shoulder for where ROSS was if I were you Kim hahahaha what a story, remind me one day to tell you about the "Well Hung" story........
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 303361

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:11

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:11
Bonz

He was a good young kid back then and still is. Came from a difficult back round, but needed to be sorted out a bit.

Now has a good job in the industry and I'm proud of him.

Sometimes I think a good boot up the #### by a copper does some good.

Regards

Kim

FollowupID: 569472

Reply By: Vivid Adventures - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:17

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:17
I have a very good friend who arranged a similar action by St Kilda Police, of all places - and only a handful of years ago.
AnswerID: 303367

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:47

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 23:47
My brother was coming in from O/S some years ago, and the BIL (Commonwealth copper) had him pulled for a strip search. Luckily they just put the wind up him, didn't go through with it.
BIL and his mates thought it was funny...bro couldn't see the funny side..he had just got off a long flight.

Makes me wonder what you'd pull on Hairy LOL
AnswerID: 303371

Reply By: Best Off Road - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 06:29

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 06:29
Kim,

You've got to stop posting your stories on this forum. I've read enough of them.

Enough that is, to know that you should be writing a book. They are ripping little yarns and I open them up immediately because I know they are going to be a good read.

Each one could be stretched out with detail and become a chapter in "Aussie Kim's Encyclopedia of Bush Yarns".

Regards,

Jim.

AnswerID: 303379

Follow Up By: Cruiserman1961 (QLD) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 07:31

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 07:31
Hey Jim, i second that! And he should send a signed copy to each EO member too:) Don't we just love to rub shoulders with a celebrity?
Good reading mate, muchly enjoyed!!!
Cheers, Udo
FollowupID: 569484

Reply By: floody- Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:13

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:13
Kim

Does the surname of Joe, start with a 'D'?

Floody
AnswerID: 303436

Reply By: That Troopy Bloke (SA) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 17:51

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 17:51
Phew, what a relief....I was a bit hesitant to open up a thread entitled "tossing your mate in jail". I hear they get up to all sorts of antics in jail due to the lack of women:-)

Bloody good yarn though Kim....thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Glenn
AnswerID: 303454

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 21:29

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 21:29
Glenn

Just a play on words. LOL

Ps Thats a good set up You've got in the car.

Regards

Kim

FollowupID: 569607

Sponsored Links