Loading Photos

Submitted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 17:00
ThreadID: 57573 Views:1419 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I am wanting to load a photo for the purpose of selling my 2006 Honda Civic In the Trader section, being a dummy when it comes to computers and I seemed to manage it once it was a fluke. I need stepXstep for dummies (David EO) help....silverback
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Outback Mac C (VIC) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 17:49

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 17:49
Glad someone else is having trouble.have tried for 2 weeks to get my Prado in the trader with no luck, no problems putting it on Car sales .com.Took a deposit last night anyhow so don't have to worry but now I can't get pics of the new truck up.Also managed to fluke it last time after weeks of trying.
Cheers Mac
AnswerID: 303624

Follow Up By: Member - Paul Mac (VIC) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:21

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:21
G'day guys.

Your pictures aren't too large are they?

Just a thought as I'm also a computer wizard.....not......LOL

Cheers
FollowupID: 569759

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michael - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:41

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:41
Hi David,

On the Trader home page, click the “New Listing” button. You will then be presented with various Ad options. Depending on your advertising budget and what you are selling, check the corresponding Ad type. Once checked, each Ad option will expand and provide you more details on what is included in that particular Ad type. Once you have decided on your Ad type, click the “Next” button at the bottom right of the screen. To setup your ad, carefully work through the listing options (item description, price etc) and complete as required. In order to attach images to your ad, click the “Browse” button next to the image place holder. You will then be prompted to select the image from your computer – In order to do this, simply browse to the location of the image, and click "Open" once selected. This will add the location of the image to the corresponding image placeholder. Once you have done this for each image you want to upload, click “Next” to upload the images and finalise the Ad.

In addition to the above instructions, make sure the image you are trying to upload is not to large (try and keep it under 500k) - If you are trying to upload a 3 or 4 meg image, the system may not accept the file.

If you continue to encounter problems, give me a call at the office and I will walk you through it over the phone.

Thanks,
Michael
AnswerID: 303636

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:48

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 18:48
Thanks Michael, here goes...silverback
FollowupID: 569760

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 19:52

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 19:52
Now my Windows Vista Internet Explorer keeps failing again...I wonder whether its Microsoft not co-operating with Google, seeing it is my home page...just a thought...Microsoft must have a huge backlog of complaints...and I tried to download the picture and still no luck....cheers....silverback
FollowupID: 569772

Follow Up By: kym111 - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 23:02

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 23:02
With regards to Windows Internet Explorer, I was having problems logging into a secure site. Turns out my IE was sending the request in multiples, so the site was rejecting the login request. I switched to Mozilla Firefox (free download) and haven't had a problem since. And apparently it's safer as most people use IE, therefore more accessable for hackers. Or so I was told...
FollowupID: 569960

Reply By: Member - David P (VIC) - Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 10:20

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 10:20
Thanks all for IE advise, I have dumped it and am now a Fire Fox user , just hope it fixes my endless problems with failure when using this web site and gmail updates....cheers.....silverback
AnswerID: 303897

Sponsored Links