supreme getaway need advice to or not to

Submitted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 20:40
ThreadID: 57642 Views:1893 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
I am considering trying to talk my better half into selling our Jayco outback 16 ft with bunks and our Kimberely kamper to buy a 15 ft or so supreme getaway as our 18 year old doesnt sleep inside anymore (in a sawg) so dont neeed the extra bunk and she is off to uni. Would save space insurance and rego. What I need to know would the supreme do the job of both van and kamper, and if anyone has any personal experience with a supreme could you let me know.
thanks in advance barbara
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:20

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:20
Hi barbara,

I have a 16' Getaway and have had since new 8yrs ago. In that time it has done a lot of heavy work and about 250 - 300 thousand km's. I have nothing but praise for the van. It is robust and has a super suspension setup that handles anything I throw at it. Interior fitout may not be as nice or as upmarket as some of the more expensive brands (in my era anyway) but it has lasted and served functional over the time I have had mine.

Will it fill both roles of your current "camps", I don't know? Why I hear you ask. Well I am not sure how "off-road" you go in the Kimberley, these things have been seen really off-road and if this is your intention for the getaway then the 15ft'r may be a little long for this. Any off-road van (of that size) will struggle through big off-road washouts and creek entrances and exits where the Kimberley will walk through. Should you decide on a 13ft Getaway, I would suggest it would be closer matched to the offroad ability of the kimberley but then not as "homely" as the Jayco so it depends on your intended use (or abuse) as to the suitability of the 15ft Getaway.

Getaway's are very heavy for their size so be prepared for this with your tow vehicle, but this is what I like about them. You know you can't kill the steel construction of them.......unless you intend on a lot of beach work, which would be another reason to steer clear of them if this is your intentions again.

All up, I am very happy with mine and you could not prize it from me for all the tea in china.

Best of luck with your decision and MM me for any further info if you want.

Best regards,
Trevor.
AnswerID: 304074

Follow Up By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:25

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:25
Thanks Trevor,
Really appreciate the advice, especially concerning the build of the Getaway as have lately heard that the build had deteriated, and the age of your van is the same as the one we are looking at.
Barb
FollowupID: 570152

Sponsored Links