HiLux Questions - 2WD/4WD & Tonneau's

Submitted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 19:41
ThreadID: 57734 Views:1480 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All

Well, I am yet another new come'r who only found this site a few weeks ago, and .. mateeeeeeee... have i learnt a lot, and had a good laugh along the way. Love the site & the feedback, and had to join.

Anyway... to cut to the chase - I've got an '02 Pathy, and looking to upgrade to an '03 or '04 SR5 HiLux. (apologies in advance for my stupid questions and Naivety)

* Pathy: dial-switch to shift between 2WD-AUTO-4WD(H)-4WD(L).
# HiLux: lever with a button on the side switches between 2WD-4WD(H) and the lever itself shifts between 4WD(H)-N-4WD(L).

*Pathy: (As i understand it), "Auto" setting is still 2WD mode but will engage 4WD if it feels the wheels slipping and i believe the hubs stay unlocked. As soon as you shift it to 4WD(H) it locks the hubs & Full time 4WD.
#HiLux (AND MY QUESTION FINALLY) in 2WD mode on tar, does the vehicle spin out in the rain or on loose surface easily, or is their like a limited slip diff to handle this - something similar to Pathy's "AUTO" setting?? and, when you push the button on the lever for 4WD(H), does that lock the hubs for off-roading??

Tonneau for HiLux '03/'04 - seen plenty of soft ones, but was there ever a hard cover tonneau released for this series as an accessory?? If not is there an aftermarket one out there??

Sorry for the long questions. Hope someone out there can help.

Cheers, Matto.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links