LPG & Diesel

Submitted: Monday, May 19, 2008 at 23:35
ThreadID: 57789 Views:1782 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I think this was a topic recently, but would like to ask your opinion (can't find the previous thread)...

Has anyone tried converting their diesel 4x4 to a diesel/lpg mix? I've heard it works well with the vehicle gaining power as well as fuel economy, not to mention wallet economy.

Your thoughts?
Kym111
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Matthew C - Monday, May 19, 2008 at 23:47

Monday, May 19, 2008 at 23:47
If you are referring to LPG injection onto your already diesel vehicle then yes it is very viable and cost effective.

Best results are achieved from turbo diesel applications.

Upto 20% power and fuel saving but normally around 10%.

Matt
AnswerID: 304793

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 09:22

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 09:22
Hi Matthew, I wonder if the best economy figures would be gained by the older style (pre-piezo injector). For my Wrangler I would need around 20-25% to make it a rational decision. Then combined with resale improvement it might be worth considering, but from a strictly economic point of view in my case , after the rebate, with exhaust mod it would cost around $2800.
If I left that in shares I would expect say $300 return which I would have to make up in the first year alone before I begin to make any saving.
I think you would need to be doing serious km's/year for it to make FINANCIAL sense. When you pull up at the pump and see say $1.75.9/L for diesel it can make EMOTIONAL sense.
This is without considering the increased weight/bulk/maintenance/ground clearance etc. I believe its brilliant for trucks and high mileage commuters but for me at <25K/year ...dubious......IMHO....cheers....silverback
FollowupID: 570866

Sponsored Links