N / E Arnhem land

Submitted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 20:15
ThreadID: 58105 Views:1853 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are heading across central Arnhem land next wee. Does anyone know about road conditions, closures etc at the moment? thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dedabato (SA) - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 21:18

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 21:18
Hi chookcharmer,
How far are you intending to go (All the way to Gove) ??? Condition of the track should be in reasonable condition as there is not much traffic but Goyder River crossing water level might be a bit of concern (Look out for crocks) and also take good care on the Rocky Jump-up (Mitchell Ranges). Rest of the trip should be realy nice. Good camping on the banks of Mainoru river, Flat Rock ck and Giddy River. Enjoy it
Regards
dedabato

Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 306383

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 13:19

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 13:19
Chookcharmer

Drove from Katherine to Bulman and back a couple of weeks ago. Grader had been working on the road and it wasn't too bad.

An occasional hole which always happens to be just over a rise - not a problem if you take your time and don't drive too fast.

Took 4 hours to drive from Bulman to Katherine.

Tjilpi
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 306491

Reply By: chookcharmer - Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 at 19:47

Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 at 19:47
Thankyou and apologies for my tardy reply. We had a very easy trip into N/E arnhem. Turned north after mainoru and went to the northern coastal area. Roads were fine, not much in the way of water on creek crossings. Great people up that way...great communities in the bush.
cheers
Chookcharmer
AnswerID: 312395

Sponsored Links