Fuel Again (Received As Email) But Thought I would Post Anyway

Submitted: Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:22
ThreadID: 58183 Views:2223 Replies:17 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....hopefully

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this PLEASE.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!! Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.
It is currently $1.90 for regular unleaded.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their petrol! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol.

But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP
AUS the biggest price up driver company.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP AUS petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us s end it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) .. And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 ... And so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
Simple – send the message along to other and do not buy petrol from BP AUS.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:28

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:28
Sorry Stephen, but you have received more spam.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 306770

Follow Up By: madfisher - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:09

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:09
Bp is always the first to raise the price,and are usually the dearest I for one will switch to shell, I do think it could work thanks Steve.
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 572680

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:50

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:50
As Madfisher and several others have noted - BP is often the dearest. Heading to the Pilbara, we avoided BP because of this. However checking Fuel Watch, they aren't always the dearest, so itis worth checking.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 572705

Follow Up By: Member - Gaz@Gove (NT) - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 13:00

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 13:00
Yeah that's great, BP is the ONLY servo we have up here- Oh well where did I leave my thongs........................
Mmmmmmmm, now where do we go next?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 572784

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:31

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:31
The chain letter Phoenix rises from the ashes ..... hahahahahaha

AnswerID: 306771

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Kath - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:15

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:15
The following was going to be my reaction Al, but you got in first ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah
FollowupID: 572691

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:33

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:33
and around we go
AnswerID: 306773

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:43

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:43
Thought these were the responses I would get LOL. Ah well gives us some thing to read. Must admit I dont fuel up at BP anyway unless no other choice. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 306775

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:43

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:43
Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 306776

Follow Up By: Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:45

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 16:45
See there thinking of droping the tax on the premixed drinks ?? Wait and see. Regards Steve M
FollowupID: 572677

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:19

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:19
LOl wont work the BP near my place is proababally australias dearest fuel (well probabally not but you get the drift) 5-10cpl dearer than elswhere
still doesnt stop people
AnswerID: 306781

Reply By: V8Diesel - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:27

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:27
Just another 4 year old chain letter.

BP own the refinery in WA. Doesn't matter who you buy your petrol from, the moolah ultimately goes into the BP piggy bank anyway.

All this does is hurt retailers - some of them small business owners trying to survive just like everyone else.

I'll now put on my alfoil hat so 'they' can't read my braiwaves, avoid the poisonous Diet Coke conspiracy and hope I don't wake up in an icefilled bathtub somewhere overseas with a kidney missing and a scrawled note pinned to my chest saying "welcome to the world of AIDS".
AnswerID: 306784

Follow Up By: Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:58

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 17:58
LOL. Regards Steve M
FollowupID: 572687

Reply By: V64Runner - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:04

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:04
I have a BP service staion donw the road from me. He is always about 20 cents /litre dearer than all the other service staions in the surrounding area. His LPG price is 66c/litre yet a kilometre up the road there is a shell, mobil and two caletx servoa who are selling ULP for $1.40/litre and LPG for 58c/litre. Guess who I support.
AnswerID: 306788

Reply By: DIO - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:15

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:15
This is something that I have believed in and advocated for many years. THE CONSUMER HAS ALL THE POWER.

If consumers don't buy petrol except on discount days, it wouldn't take long for the oil companies to catch on and start to lower their prices over a longer period.

Only problem with such an idea is that many people with fuel card, company, govt, fleet vehicles will continue to buy at any time regardless of the prices.

If promulgated in the right circles I believe that it is a strategy that consumerc ould emplpoy, not only with petroleum products but groceries would be another worthwhile 'target' to aim for.
AnswerID: 306790

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:48

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:48
DIO, the thing you have got right is in your third paragraph - the rest of us are small fry, compared to the companies with cards and a tendered set price.

If we all only purchased on 'discount days' - they would just put the price up so they could cover their costs - servos have to make a living too.

Having worked in a grocery store (independent) for the past couple of years, the competition is steep and profits only just there. Salaries are very low, and they rely and paying junior check out operators a pittance. Cost of fuel is really hurting these businesses too.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 572703

Reply By: Member - Mark G (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:40

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:40
stephen; any thing is worth a try,sent it on i have!
AnswerID: 306802

Reply By: disco driver - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:48

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 18:48
I don't know where this recycled gem came from originally but it is a typical spam letter.

Consider this:

In the scheme of things, the TOTAL Fuel used in Australia per year is insignificant compared to the amount used in the EU and totally insignificant when compared to total world useage.

Apart from the proponents of this scheme, is there anyone who seriously thinks that any protest made in Australia would affect BP, Shell Caltex or and other major fuel supplier.

The major world fuel suppliers wouldn't even miss our contribution to their balance sheets.

Just my opinion.

Disco.

AnswerID: 306803

Reply By: zumzum - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:01

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:01
.... why just stop to buy petrol for the rest of the year ......
AnswerID: 306806

Reply By: John S (NSW) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:04

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:04
Stephen,

This could actually work, but while people are just too lazy to give it a go, there will never be a big enough impact.

I support this and will forward it on. It is only email spam if nobody does anything about it.

I for one would like to see prices come down, and it will only take one decent hit for the oil companies to realise we mean business.

Many years ago, service stations could only change their price after they received a fuel delivery - I would like to know what happened to that ruling - considering it used to be law! and it was enforced!

AnswerID: 306807

Reply By: Top End Explorer Tours - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:41

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:41
Seeing there is only Mobil in Jabiru I will do my share, only problem is, There is no competition.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 306813

Reply By: Member - Royce- Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:31

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:31
I don't buy from PB often anyway... easy.

Sadly this is just a 'chain letter'. They always collapse.

The real way to make fuel prices drop is to have fuel hit such a high level.... maybe $5/l, that other fuels become really viable.

Brown coal here in Gippsland, reputed to be enough for 500 years will then be converted.

The petrol will drop back to say.... $4.50! ?

Filled up tonight and didn't even look at the price. Just doesn't make any difference now where I shop. $0.04/l discount is such a small amount.... blah!

All right ... I did notice that diesel is 30c/dearer than the thinner stuff.

So... I won't by BP... I promise.

AnswerID: 306840

Follow Up By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:49

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:49
*Filled up tonight and didn't even look at the price.*

I agree with you there Royce..Why get your nickers in a twist !

Cheers

FollowupID: 572725

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:33

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:33
It's a good thought Stephen, but Disco is right. The price of fuel gets set as a result of international auction. If BP's sales go down , then Mobil or someone else will have to bid higher to buy for the extra demand they will then have. It is still a question of supply and demand. Unless an awful lot of people stop using fuel and so drop demand, changing from one brand to another can do nothing. And even if this could be organized, when everyone says "whoopee and starts to buy again, what do you think will happen to the prices?
The only choices are: produce more oil (doesn't look possible), find alternative fuels(possible); world wide decrease of fuel use (doesn't look likely); forced nationalization of oil companies and international government control of fuel supplies (the least likely of the lot.)
AnswerID: 306854

Reply By: The Landy - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:49

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:49
The bigger risk isn’t that this type of action succeeds; the risk is that the refining companies in Australia close down their refineries and pull out of what is a low margin business. Australia will then be totally dependent on importing refined fuels.

Contrary to popular belief there is little money in refining oil into petroleum products, it is a high volume, low margin business. The refineries in Australia are old by world standards; Kurnell was commissioned in 1956 and the cost of maintaining and upgrading this facility is enormous and there may well come a point in time when it is no longer viable to do so. We have already seen this in Victoria. These refineries now have to compete with the new refineries being built in China and India that have far better efficiencies and that have far better economy of scale.
AnswerID: 306877

Follow Up By: The Landy - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:53

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:53
I meant to add that in the future the debate won't be about the price of fuel; but it will be about security of supply.

Once closed we will never get thevrefieneries back up and running.
FollowupID: 572757

Follow Up By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 12:17

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 12:17
Hi Landy,

You are spot on. Global demand is increasing rapidly and depending on which study you read global supply has peaked or is just about to, meaning that there just won't be enough to keep every one happy. On top of that, as mentioned above, refinery capacity is decreasing. The effect of all this is going to be increased price and volatity, and for countries that are net importers (such as Australia) security of supply is going to be a very real concern.

There is a lot of effort being spent on alternative and renewable fuels and we will see a increase in their uptake; however this isn't going to stem the increase in fuel costs. This is an energy usage problem - crude oil is a finite energy source.

Reducing consumption will save the hip pocket and is better for the environment (GHG). However, we all deserve the right to enjoy our hobbies and as ours involves motor vehicles we will just need to accept it is going to cost us more, or change habits. No matter what the gov does with GST, excise, etc the price is going to keep rising. I think that any immediate relief that may be offered is going to be short lived.

Hugh
FollowupID: 572780

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 22:55

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 22:55
Yep you are right Landie, I was out at Kurnell last month, she is looking a bit sad, actuall margin on refining is just over 2 cents a litre - very tight buisness. They suppliment jet with finished product from Singapore from time to time. Shell in Syd is also shut down for re-fit at the moment, all fuels coming in as finished product from Singapore also.

The BP refinery in adelaide is a classic example - in long term "shut down" not closed, as if they call it closed they have to remediate the site and no-one can afford to do it nowdays.

Hey we spend over 500 million a year on fuel at work and guess how much discount we get ??? Not a single cent ZERO !!!
FollowupID: 573126

Sponsored Links