O/T I think. Well maybe, then again.......? Buggar it, just read the post

Submitted: Friday, May 30, 2008 at 20:44
ThreadID: 58194 Views:1556 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm preparing a Fuel Price Watch for the area I work in. So far we've established links to Terminal Gate Prices and ACCC stats.

I was aware the oil companies were using a price sharing facility, and finally found this mob http://www.informedsources.com/ with the help from some old industry mates.

Does anyone know much about the company before I ring them on Monday? We don't mind paying a subscription fee as long as it's reasonable.

PS This has nothing to do with Rudd's silly effort to control petroleum industry pricing. It's designed as a consumer guide only.

Regards

Kim

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:04

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:04
I wish you well with it.
As I was entering the garage to buy a SMALL amount of diesel, I had to sit and wait for a vehicle at the pump. No drama. So I waited...and waited. Suddenly the garage bloke and a customer come out and walk out of the garage. They disappear for a moment, then the customer who obviously owns the vehicle in front , comes up to my window . He is upset and has a red face.
"The pump price isn't what's advertised on the board" he hisses, gets in his truck and disappears.
Now I'm not going to go elsewhere as I had stuff to do down the road, so I pay the $1.77 a litre !! and the owner tells me the board is broken and they are waiting for a new one.
Fair enough.
But it's the first and I hope the last time I have come across "pump rage".
I'm also glad that I don't own or work in a garage !
AnswerID: 306849

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:12

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 22:12
Gidday Footy

The posted price must be charged as displayed. The operator can't charge a price change until the transaction is completed.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 572733

Sponsored Links