Good sucess with the trader.

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 12:39
ThreadID: 58252 Views:2352 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all,
If you want to sell your car and reach a target market for fourbies, I reckon here is the place to do it. My 80 series was looked at by over 12,000 people, I have had the phone ringing off the hook with calls about it. The actual first person to see it bought it and I had about 4 more extremely interested parties waiting in the wind. Got what I wanted for it too. I only advertised it in one other place, the Quokka(WA trading post) but didn't realise that you had to re advertise it every week. So all the interest was from here. Good vale you if you ask me.

Cheers

Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Louie the fly - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 12:56

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 12:56
I just listed my car on there. See how I go. Not strictly a 4wd but an AWD. Have a friend with an 80 series petrol/LPG that is going to put his on soon (if he hasn't already).

AnswerID: 307097

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:35

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:35
Well the trader hasn't worked for me yet!!! and it being four months approx!!!!
AnswerID: 307158

Reply By: Outa Bounds - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:47

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:47
I would say it depends where you live as well. ExploreOz forums are certainly great to get a wider exposure, particularly if you're somewhere outside the major cities. But yes they do have that niche target market, compared to say Ebay, and without extortionate fees.

Plenty of views on my Camper but no inquiries as yet. So I guess you've got to realize people like looking at pictures / prices when they're in the market for something, not everyone will be a potential buyer.

Great to hear you had such success with your car, obviously it was a highly demanded item and you had it at the right price.
AnswerID: 307315

Sponsored Links