13W solar briefcase seems OK

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 04, 2008 at 20:39
ThreadID: 58384 Views:4549 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just recently got the above on ebay for $87 delivered to the door and I gotta say it didn't look too bad. wasn't expecting much 4 the price but I set it up in the back room inside on an overcast rainy day and it was still putting out 1.5 amps. The idea was to extend the use and tickle the 105 A/H aux. when I go camping and in outdoor light I think it will do an OK job for the money.
Let you know how it goes on the next trip.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mainey (wa) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2008 at 20:18

Saturday, Jun 07, 2008 at 20:18
howesy,
I would have thought the 13 watt solar panel would give much less than 1 Amp.

I understand a good BP 10 Watt panel will only give just ~O.6 Amps Max.

To get 1.5 Amps on an overcast rainy day looks 'unrealistic' from a 13 watt panel according to all my experiences, guess you are very lucky :-))

Mainey . . .
AnswerID: 308406

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, Jun 07, 2008 at 20:26

Saturday, Jun 07, 2008 at 20:26
that might be the same as the (Jackeroo) one I got from kmart. They went like hot-cakes and I got a raincheck on one with the option of not having to buy, bought it and linked em up only today. Handy little briefcase style.

One of my three aux batts was draining the others so I chucked it out and had to re-charge the remaining two on driveway today. Once it's all settled down tomorrow I'll take a reading but it's looking good. Far better than those useless little things for $25 and a lot more convenient to lug around than my others, which are linked on a frame. They're not serious equipment for charging but definitely handy to keep em topped up if you take your eye off the ball.
AnswerID: 308414

Sponsored Links