How do Driving Instructors Get Accredited?

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 15:37
ThreadID: 58407 Views:2090 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I was driving south along the M1 today near the Robina on ramp,
driving in the passing lane, when this little car covered in L stickers
merged on to the highway and then proceded to cut across in front of me, because there was a truck in his lane that would have slowed him down, I had to brake to avoid running up his arse, so I flashed the high beams and he waved to me while looking in his rear vision
mirror, so I gave him the finger, next thing he slams the brakes on,
and then speeds off, I followed him till he took the next exit ramp,
and he started waving his mobile phone at me, I usually let the idiots
go and just think he will come to grief sooner or later, but some times
like today you know how people get involved with Road Rage, and
this person was a Driving Instructor, heaven help his Students.

Cheers
Daza
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 15:52

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 15:52
Just because he can talk the talk
Doesn't mean he can walk the walk.
AnswerID: 307894

Follow Up By: RosscoH - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:20

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:20
Know what you mean, just recently I got into a conversation with a new driving instructor who was advertising at our local market day. As a truck driver for better than twenty years I asked her what she taught these poor new kids learning to drive about trucks, and you can guess what the answer was "NOTHING" we only teach them about trucks if they are getting a truck licence and she was dead serious. What hope have we got. As has been said before people are not taught to drive, they are taught to pass a driving test, when it all boils down driving schools are only there for one thing "to make money".

Cheers RosscoH
FollowupID: 573734

Reply By: Member - Jason - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:12

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:12
Hey Daza,
In Hindsight, you should have taken his business number & given him a friendly call - lol
Cheers
Jason
Ps - My sister-in-law WAS a driving tester for the rta & she (on the other is of the scale) had to give it away before becoming a nervous wreck. She couldn't believe some people had actually been to instructors before going for their test - makes sense now, with idiots like that teaching the public.
AnswerID: 307897

Reply By: Member No 1- Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:25

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:25
"How do Driving Instructors Get Accredited"....dont they still come in a Corn Flakes packet?

Son did a stint they other day with instructor in the wet...his wipers wouldnt wipe...rubber blades kaput says son...when son asked why they wer'nt replaced instructor said ...."been 3 weeks and havnt got around to it..i'm a bit slack"

for goodness sake...what if they had accident when son was driving because he could see properly...
AnswerID: 307910

Reply By: Member - Glenn G (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:51

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:51
Daza
That is exactly why I am moving from the Gold Coast to Bundy !too many idiots and too much agro ! I was sitting at Throwers drive Currumbin waiting to turn into the tackle shop and a bloke blasts the horn and gives me the bird ! Gold Coast hospitality.

Cheers
Giffo
AnswerID: 307919

Reply By: DIO - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 18:22

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 18:22
Why anyone would want to 'give someone the finger' regarding a difference of 'opinion' 'understanding' 'mis-understanding' or for any reason is beyond my understanding.
I consider that such people have a very low intelect, are suffering from an inferiority complex and need to learn a few lessons about llife and in particular stress management and human relations.

If you or anyone else are keen to become a victim of road rage then such actions are a sure fire way of getting thumped or worse still killed. It has happened many times in the past as the result of such stupid action and some people will just never learn. It is an act that is the height of arrogance and stupidity. Can't say I endorse the actions of slamming the brakes on though, that just adds to the problem.
AnswerID: 307934

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:18

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:18
I dont usually give the finger to anybody,but for some person to
just swerve in front of your vehicle with out worrying about the
consequence, in my view is a Moron, the damage that could have been
done is unthinkable let alone serious injury to myself and his self,
what you consider of people who show the finger, re low intelect
ect ect ect,that is your opinion, which I personally dont care, by the
way you have tried to denigrate me, I would think the Boofhead
might be a member of your, we are better than thou sect.

Daza
FollowupID: 573758

Reply By: Peter 2 - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 21:12

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 21:12
You should try driving a heavy vehicle around the city, unbelievable the way people drive with total disregard of what is behind them, the fact that it might weigh many tons and take considerably longer to stop and they have just taken your buffer zone.
Had a woman stop dead in front of me the other day, dual lane road, peak hour, two lane sitting 60kph when she just pulled up in the middle of the lane with no indication or warning. Took off very rapidly though when she looked in the mirror and saw the cloud of blue smoke, big grille very close to the back of her.
AnswerID: 307992

Sponsored Links