Toyota Kluger?

Submitted: Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 17:27
ThreadID: 58565 Views:2366 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are about to embark on a 6 month trip towing a 1100 (plus whatever our gear for 3 adds up to) Camper trailer. Don't intend to do heavy duty off-roading. Will a Kluger be a good towing vehicle? Does anyone know what sort of fuel efficiency we would be looking at with a Kluger?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 18:07

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 18:07
Is it the new Kluger or the older model ?? Friend of ours have the older model/shape. They have 3 kids,15,13, and 8 and tow a trailer with a heap of gear and have no problems. They have taken it to Stockton (without trailer) but dont take it any where off road bar simple bush tracks which you could drive a commodore or falcon down. The new Kluger has heaps more power 200kw the old one I think is around the 130 mark. The only issue they have with theirs is the bum gets a bit saggy when they are fully loaded but as far as been capable no worries. I dont see you having any issues what so ever except maybe the rear end dropping down a bit but if you find this then Im sure a pair of air shocks or some thing of the like will solve the issue. Best thing is to load it up camper and all full tank of fuel and see how it sits, if hanging down too much them I would do as I have said above (air shocks or the like). Regards steve M
AnswerID: 308828

Follow Up By: Member - David P (VIC) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 22:25

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 22:25
And buy them on line?
FollowupID: 574937

Sponsored Links