Pivotel ( <span class="highlight">Globalstar</span>) Came good.

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:59
ThreadID: 60566 Views:3388 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A few weeks ago I needed to make a very important call (personal) using the Sat phone, I had no service at all.

The next day I rang the customer care #, I was told to put my complaint in writing, so I did so, 2 weeks later no response so I rang to find out that the Email wasn't received, so I sent it again and this time I rang back to confirm they had it, yes was the reply and it will be looked at within 2 weeks, I asked could this process be hurried up as I had no confidence in the phone and I needed one for the tours, she told me she would do her best.

My request was for a new Iridium phone at no charge on the $35 plan, as I had spent enough money with Globalstar paying my bill on time every time with little to no service over a 3 1/2 year period.

I rang back earlier than 2 weeks and spoke with the same girl, she went to the manager and came back with a $300 refund and a similar amount for the future, I said no I want a new iridium phone no contract on the $35 per month plan no exceptions, she said she would send it back for a referal, I then said I would now like to speak to the manager please, I then spoke with him and within 2 minutes the problem was solved.

The arrangement was, I get the Gov subsidy and they would pay the rest of the phone.

I now have the subsidy and all the paper work has been signed the phone has been sent and should arrive tomorrow, I am now happy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:16

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:16
Gday Steve,
Sounds like a good outcome....(eventualy)
Its worth standing you ground sometimes, hey.

Hows the OKA going?...post a couple of pics.

Cheers
Hairy
AnswerID: 319540

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:35

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:35
Hey Hairy

Yeah I'm happy with the out come, hence the post, the OKA has done over 30 tours and so far trouble free touch wood.

I will try to get some action photos soon.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 586149

Follow Up By: Hairy (NT) - Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:40

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:40
I cant find your MM thing?
Am I looking in the wrong place? Usually I go.."profile".."Send message" But you dont have one?

Cheers
FollowupID: 586153

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:49

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:49
Just click on my profile and go to the Web site and click on the contact us page.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 586156

Reply By: Member No 1- Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:20

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:20
yep...did almost the same......got a new phone for less than what they were advertising, as the old globalstar satellites wouldnt find me with the qualcom.....

i had to jump up and down but
AnswerID: 319542

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 13:32

Thursday, Aug 07, 2008 at 13:32
I went through the telecommunication ombudsman with Global Star / Pivotel and now I am on a $25 plan, albeit a 2 year contract with a new Iridium phone with an external magnetic aerial.
And had my outstanding account credited back to zero.
It is reassuring to have someone agree with me that it is unacceptable to be paying for a service that can't be delivered.

$25 per month is cheap security (when the phone works)

I was told by Global Star "that if I was north east of Alice Springs we would get reception so we shouldn't complain just because we were in SW WA." I assume someone could see some logic in that statement but I couldn't.

I am happy now and that is the main thing.

Neil
AnswerID: 319560

Reply By: Top End Explorer Tours - Friday, Aug 08, 2008 at 21:32

Friday, Aug 08, 2008 at 21:32
I have the new phone in my hands, after putting the sim card in and turning it on I had full reception within seconds, even sitting under the car port.

You got to be happy with that.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 319852

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Friday, Aug 08, 2008 at 22:11

Friday, Aug 08, 2008 at 22:11
I have been interested in looking to the replies above Steve and no doubt you use your satellite phone every month and are in a position to use the free calls.

Last month I did a spreadsheet to understand the breakeven cost of getting an account set up against usine my Telstra SIM card, with Global Roaming enabled.

I found that I needed to use the phone every month to utilize the free calls - That is a NEED to use though, not opt to use as so many do or you are really cheating yourself over the GSM/Next G SIM.

Using a near breakeven of 59 calls over two hours there is little difference Roaming Sim against the Telstra account. Using the Pivotel account though it will cost about $44 more by virtue of the $35 per month against $30 for the Telstra sat phone contract

I can play with figures to change the number of calls and minutes and that will all vary of course, but it does depend on your useage patterns.
AnswerID: 319861

Sponsored Links