JACKAROO TRANS PROBLEMS

Submitted: Monday, Dec 17, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 609 Views:1537 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My 1998 Jackaroo SE Auto V6 is slipping in forth gear, I have a suspicion that the torque converter is not locking up in top gear. I have heard that this has happened to other Jacks and to repair $4000 has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the problem maybe the cars only done 67000klms.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Colin - Tuesday, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:00
Paul,

The car is three years old and under 100,000k, and may still be under warranty. Talk to Holden if it is and get them to fix it before it starts to cost you money. Some one else out there may be able to tell you about what went wrong with their car, but only you know what type of driving you have been doing and what servicing has been carried out. There is a filter in the transmission that should be changed, and many drivers are unaware of the need to do this, but again that may not be the cause. Hence my comment talk to Holden, not to people who have no idea about the vehicle.

Col
AnswerID: 1624

Follow Up By: Paul - Wednesday, Dec 19, 2001 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 19, 2001 at 01:00
Collin, the car has been serviced by Holden and ARB, has been looked after like a kitten. The car has a 1997 build date but wasn't registered until 1998 so its out of warranty and Holden has said stiff! not interested. Ironically the car spent its first 30 000klms as a Isuzu/GMH factory car. I'm not happy it's like Holden has cut me off at the knees, doesn't say much for their product does it?
FollowupID: 531

Sponsored Links