L300 manual and advice

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 13:44
ThreadID: 6322 Views:1742 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I just swapped my 1800cc for a 2600 astron now my troubles have begun.
I am trying to connect everything up but need a manual for such things as the gear rod and cable setup and as per normal the dick who had the van and the other dick who had the sigma have taken lots of shortcuts and left bits off etc.
Has anyone out there a manual (workshop preferably) covering L300 4x4 for an 82 model.
I would also like to chat to someone who has done the conversion as my mech knowledge is limited.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric - Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 22:47

Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 22:47
Ian
I have done the conversion as I have aready told you, I won't send you my books but am happy to answer any specific questions. If you are using the L300 gear box the gear linkages will be the same. Eric.
AnswerID: 26644

Follow Up By: Ian - Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 17:14

Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 17:14
Sorry to take so long to get back to you Eric my confuser was playing up. I am having problems with the linkages. The one part I did not take apart myself was the linkage assembly. I now have all the rod linkages but am stumped with the cable set up. I dont even know if it is part of the gear change. The vehicle is not going yet as I am having fun with heaps of small stuff from previous owners) I have an 84 model and would like a manual (you know what they say if you have one you wont need it)Are the basics (brakes, gear box, suspension etc) the same for an 84 as an 87 starwagon as that seems to be the only manual I can track down
FollowupID: 18825

Reply By: Eric - Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 21:57

Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 21:57
Ian.
THe cable is either the hand brake or the clutch, if the adjusting thread is on the inner it is the hand brake if the outer has a thread it is the clutch. With the 87 if it is the same body shape it will have the same gear. Eric.
AnswerID: 27518

Follow Up By: Ian - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:43

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:43
Eric the problem is solved. The previous owner must have had a problem with the linkage assembly sticking so he added a cable with a spring to balance it. That is instead of simply rectifying the problem. (A worn bush)i hope you can appreciate the problems I am having as there are many strange modifications I dont know what is real aand what is made up as he has done it all very neatly but most often ignoring the disease by treating the symptons.
Ian
FollowupID: 18979

Sponsored Links