In car entertainement

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 03, 2003 at 17:37
ThreadID: 6341 Views:1788 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We left Romsey on Friday afternoon for our weekend to Horsham, our first "are we there yet question" was asked at Riddells Creek, now if you're not familiar with Geography, the max amount of time from Romsey to Riddells is 15 mins [I've done it in 10, but we won't tell Mr. Al :)]

We were asked again at Gisborne and Bacchus Marsh...luckely Master C [2 years]fell asleep at Bacchus, at Ballarat it was 'thank god for the wonderful world of Disney music and the 6 stacker cd- Hakuna Matat!!!], which kept Miss T [almost 4] happy until Master C woke up at Beaufort. We then counted stars, answered tough questions about why and how the moon was moving [rollerscates was the acceptable answer], how elephants coughed and sneezed, and what I did when I was a dinasour [no nasty comments please..esp you Wombat!!]

We got there just before 7pm and about 15 mins later Master C threw up, followed in the morning by Miss T, which kind of set the tone for the day, today, they are fine, and now we're back home, they are eating truckloads...:)

I've learned a few things....

1. Kiddie cd's are invaluable and so are stackers...shall also get some story books on cds as well

2. On our big trek next year, shall look into a DVD for them for the long drives..

3. Study up on geography and biological questions.....you just never know what they'll ask next..

4. Buckets are invaluable

5. It doesn't matter how crook they feel, if there is a swing set nearby, they forget the tummy bugs...

6. Enjoy it while you can......

It was great to see water lying about, and in creeks, stacks of roos and emus grazing which the kids thought was fantastic.....

cheers all

Lyn [Aka Mrs. Al]1927 Oldsmobile Tourer

Corrugations...what are they?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GOB member vic - Sunday, Aug 03, 2003 at 21:16

Sunday, Aug 03, 2003 at 21:16
grand kids ask just as many questions and some of them are worse if mom and dad arent there
steve( and its only 5 sleeps)its arrived just got to get photo and download
only 7 sleeps to go then off nth to darwin yeah
AnswerID: 26710

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Aug 04, 2003 at 07:21

Monday, Aug 04, 2003 at 07:21
My 4 year old daughter told my father that he must have a "fat bottom" because he has the toilet seat up....heheheh.....my mother thought that was brilliant!!!1927 Oldsmobile Tourer

Corrugations...what are they?
FollowupID: 18263

Sponsored Links