Ya gotta laugh

Submitted: Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:22
ThreadID: 6450 Views:1491 Replies:11 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Nothign to do with cars, but I wet my pants laughin at this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is possibly the funniest story in a long while. This is a bricklayer's accident report, which was printed in the newsletter of the Australian equivalent of the Workers' Compensation Board. This is supposed to be a true story. I think its crap, but funny

Had this guy died, he'd have received a Darwin Award for sure...

Dear Sir,

I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly in excess of 500lbs.

Rather than carry the bricks down by hand I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor. Securing the rope at ground I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

You will note in Block 11 of the accident report form that I weigh 135lbs. (light enough to do wheelies then) Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collar bone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, that barrel weighed approximately 50lbs. I refer you again to my weight. As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell in to the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel begin its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs. I hope this answers your inquiry.

Kind Regards,
Mike Pashby
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:44

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:44
no way
got over no fraser.
get on with life(more weekend fun)
AnswerID: 27205

Reply By: Allyn (Pilbara) - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:50

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:50
an oldie but a goodieNext Trek - Callawa Rd
AnswerID: 27207

Reply By: Fred - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:51

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 22:51
Don't you have anyone to talk to truckster?
AnswerID: 27208

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:40

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:40
Playin a game online, waitin for the others to have their turns.... :(
FollowupID: 18695

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:30

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:30
melbourne:::::; 2 lesbo's wanted to have a baby so they advertised because they wanted a man to give it to one of them the old fashioned way....... so he did and she gave birth and the lesbo's were happy........................... because they got him for child support also............ boom boom... true story... read it when i was on holidays..._____________________________________________

Reply By: kezza - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:52

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:52
Ya gotta Laugh,
This one is true.
Last weekend we were up at Landcruiser Park - overheard a woman complaining at the winch challenge, "They charge you $18 to come in here and look at the roads - they never grade them!!!!"

We've been having a chuckle ever since.

Kes
AnswerID: 27215

Reply By: Member - Royce- Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:57

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 23:57
Heard this a few times on Macca. Who sings it?Royce www.funshow.com.au
AnswerID: 27217

Reply By: Member - Chris (Wollongong) - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:16

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:16
How about the guy in the US who wanted to see how fast he could get his old yank tank to travel when he strapped a set of JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) bottles to.
(Used on the side of C-130 Hercules for short field take offs)

Got the car up to a fair speed, ignited the bottles, accelerated to some ridiculous speed and became airborne before smashing into the side of a hill whilst on fire!!!
AnswerID: 27226

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:48

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:48
Darwin award winner in the "urban myth" catagory, but still a bloody funny read (about 1999-2000 I think)
FollowupID: 18702

Reply By: Member - Tony and Helen - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 09:53

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 09:53
The young fellas at work are goin fishing and 4 wheeling
for the weekend and the boss decides to go with them.
he doesn,t tell the wife or even ring her to let her know
where he is.
he arrives home on monday night and she is fumming,
where have you been, how dare you go away without
telling me where you are.
how would you like it if I just left for three days.

Sounds good he said

So on tuesday he didn,t see her at all
On wedensday he didn,t see her at all
but on thursday,
after the swelling went down he could
just see her thru his right eye

Cheersshe said you're
not going
down there with
me in here!
AnswerID: 27245

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 11:38

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 11:38
Your doubting a bricklayer on a friday nigth at about closing time with his mates working out his compo claim.
All the best
EricCape York Connections
AnswerID: 27253

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 15:36

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 15:36
Read this story ages ago.

Someone that stupid couldn't write such a detailed report !

Why do people write such crap and send it around on email ?

Did anyone belive the Bill Gates story about giving away money if you re-send the email ?

I laughed at all that sent it to me.
AnswerID: 27268

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 21:33

Saturday, Aug 09, 2003 at 21:33
As I said, thought it was shiat, but its a laugh...

Humour... haha..
FollowupID: 18767

Reply By: Member - Wombat (Vic) - Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:44

Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:44
I needed a laugh this morning - only trouble is I've got tears running down my cheeks from laughing too much. Well done Truckster! Who cares if it's true or false."Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
AnswerID: 27431

Sponsored Links