2005 Troopy with 1HD/FTE engine

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 03:48
ThreadID: 64756 Views:8349 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 2005 troopy with 1HD/FTE engine, it has started to give an engine management warning after it warms up, anybody know where I can find out how to read the fault codes, and if any sensors are prone to faults, still seems to run OK.
I have a generic Landcruiser workshop manual but it covers a multitude of models.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By:- Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:30

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:30
JohnnyC,

This is the best that I could find. There's some interesting reading at this site.

Toyota Codes

Generic Codes

Cheers Frank.

AnswerID: 342374

Reply By: Big Al. Gold Coast - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 12:08

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 12:08
Just as a matter of interest, I had a similar problem just after we got ours and went back to dealer

They tested it and it came up with a code no, but were still unable to find the fault.

As the vehicle still ran ok we went home and then after a bit of playing around I found that rats had chewed the underside of one of the vacuum hoses.

The rat bleep on the engine should have given us a clue.

I now include rat repellent in the service. no longer done by that dealer.
AnswerID: 342403

Reply By: Bushtrek - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 20:06

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 20:06
The problem may be the Water Temperature sensor, and then DTC Code is 22.

Pull the connection off the sensor and see if there is no change to the Check engine light.

The sensor is located beside the Oil filter.
You can remove it [19mm socket]and if you can get your hands on a multimeter measure the resistance while heating it in water.
The Resistance value should decline as the water is heated.
It would be about 3,000 ohms at 20 celsius and decline to about 200 ohms at 100 celsius.
If the resistance is higher than 300 ohms at boiling point, the sensor is history

Cheers
AnswerID: 342464

Follow Up By: JohnnyC - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 18:07

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 18:07
Thanks for the info, I found the water temp sensor and it reads about 800 ohms, at about 25 deg.
What I am really after is how to extract the fault codes,I believe these models are not OBDII compliant and the diagnostic connector, I think it is the right one,above the accellerator pedal, is a two row connector with 6 pins on one side and 4 on the other row, I know I need to ground one pin to get the codes but apart from the ground pin and the power pin all the others appear to be open circuit, does that sound like the right connector?
FollowupID: 610439

Sponsored Links