Rainbow Beach Rocks Info

Hi All, Can anyone tell me if Mudlo rocks are passable at low tide at present? Am going up to Fraser for the Aust.day long weekend and will travel up Teewah Beach, then hopefully Rainbow ... Thanks in advance :o)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gezza100 - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:54

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:54
Mate, I;m not sure what you refer to as the mudlo rocks but you will need to be on dead low tide to get around the trees on the rainbow side of the leisha track. Even then you will get the slightest of wet feet. The rocks at rainbow are fine hours either side of low.
AnswerID: 343204

Follow Up By: Shawsie - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:09

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:09
Bugger! I was hoping the rocks at Rainbow were passable, but didn't expect any problems entering Rainbow beach from the Leisha track! Thanks gezza, when were you last up there?
FollowupID: 610997

Follow Up By: gezza100 - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 13:23

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 13:23
Was up there at christmas, but the tree situation has been like that for a long time now and I wouldnt expect it to get better anytime soon. I am also heading to fraser on the 23 jan (with camper trailer) and will be driving the road to rainbow beach to get onto fraser before low. If you want to get onto fraser before low then the trees at rainbow will cause you grief, as boring as that road is its the only way to get to fraser before low.
FollowupID: 611006

Reply By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:28

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:28
Shawsie,

I spoke to a neighnour in the caravan park I am holidaying in about a week ago. He had been there in an extrail and said the rocks are ok about two hours either side of the tide but as mentioned the fallen trees make the trip very interesting.
He came back in one piece, but I think I would look closely at the tide times and heights.

Rob M.
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 343206

Reply By: Brian B (Brisbane) - Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 00:07

Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 00:07
Shawsie,

As the other guys have said. Mudlo Rocks are OK at the bottom end of the tide but just after you come off the Leisha Track and head towards Rainbow Beach you will come across fallen trees at the base of the cliffs. You will only get around these at low tide but you will also get your wheels wet. We were there last week and that was the situation.
AnswerID: 343330

Sponsored Links