Camper Canvas

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 15:14
ThreadID: 65083 Views:1943 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
KORDUX canvas is used in the camper-tent section as it is far superior to normal canvas, Stronger, lighter,(read more flexible than heavier canvas of comparable strength) more waterproof to comparable (and often heavier weight ) canvas and is specified as the preferred canvas by the Defence forces where applicable.

Each thread has a core of polyester with cotton spun around it, then it is woven into canvas and waterproofed with a high copper content to give it greater rot resistance. If the waterproofing is damaged, a hydrocarbon base liquid can be used to redistribute the waterproofing, it may show but at least it is waterproof.

Most imported tent sections have a baked on waterproofing finish, use a light sewing thread that will deteriorate quickly in the Ausie climate and I am looking forward to do many repairs on these units soon.

I have been involved with the manufacture of camper canvases since 1970 and will recommend Kordux over ANY other canvas for this application.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 15:44

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 15:44
Promotion?

Ian
AnswerID: 344111

Follow Up By: Member No 1- Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:36

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:36
going for the top job he is.....:)))))
FollowupID: 612002

Follow Up By: BR - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:37

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:37
Sorry Ian, I was trawling through the past threads on canvas and thought that a lot of misinformation was being provided on canvas gennerally, especially on imported items. I recognize that discussions on canvas quality can open a lot of response and therefore I only mentioned the one item, it was not meant to promote, just to start discussions.

regards, BR
FollowupID: 612003

Sponsored Links