inverter concerns..

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 17:47
ThreadID: 65409 Views:2509 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
my recently purchased LC has two inverters..one 1000W and one 150W. They sit under the drivers seat..I have not worked out all of the ins & outs to them yet..today my canine mate jumped in the back seat and shortly thereafter we had a whistle going with ignition on and off..turns out that the switch on the 1000W had been turned on and the indicator light had gone from green to red..had ever only seen it green when i switched them a couple of times..obviously tripped some sort of an alarm..swtched it off and peace was resumed..They are both ifonix human power inverters..I am aware of the potential safety issues and just want to see if anyone knows where i Can get a manual or if I should be concerned about the alarm going off...thanks in advance you have put my mind at rest before and I trust you can do it again..Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: offroad Bob - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 18:33

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 18:33
Hi ACE000

The inverters I have will go from green to red and make a shrieking sound if they cannot get enough power. If the battery is low or if the connection is poor. I started with a 150w to run my laptop in the car but my cig lighter connection could not deliver enough power and it would run for a bit and then scream at me. Just turn it off and on a few times and it is OK. This is just the safety to warn there is not enough power as explained in my manual. I now run a 600w inverter and have a dedicated power outlet straight from my auxilary battery - no problems.

Bob

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 345883

Follow Up By: Ace000 - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 20:21

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 20:21
Thanks Bob...appreciated
FollowupID: 613902

Sponsored Links