Dust in Canvas Canopy

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 21:44
ThreadID: 65505 Views:4130 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have Patrol Cab Chassis with alloy tray back. Canopy is constructed of alloy roof, alloy front wall(behind cab) with canvas sides and rear. Have minimised ingress of dust by the way I have fitted canvas.
Has anyone had experience in using air vents, say on front wall, to pressurise air inside canopy when travelling. Looking to see if successfull and what you used.
Thanks
Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick W - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 22:38

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 22:38
I had on a rodeo a full canvas canopy which had air vents fitted to the front wall. Seemed to help, but still inevitably got a small amount of dust in through the gaps between the tailgate and tray itself. However compared to driving with vents closed, definitely less dust.

As for vents on yours, you may be able to look at small pop up vents in the roof, similar to what you may see on boats etc. I would imagine that they would be available from a chandelry. You will need to make sure that they face forward and have a adequate opening to allow it to 'scoop the air' as it does rely on air being pushed in to pressurize.

Good luck,

Mike W
AnswerID: 346468

Reply By: howie - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 23:06

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 23:06
ground crew went round Oz last year in an f250 with that set up.
had a 6"x6" vent put in the forward facing canvas, made a huge difference.
AnswerID: 346475

Reply By: brownie - Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:02

Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:02
I had a similar setup on my toyota ute - I bought a couple of round vents from a marine store in Fremantle, mounted them on the front wall of the canopy, they worked well for 15 years.
you will get a little bit of dust inside, but not enough to worry about.

brownie
AnswerID: 346667

Sponsored Links