Oziexplorer and map files

Submitted: Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:20
ThreadID: 65934 Views:3418 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have ozi explorer and have the natmap maps running successfully on it however I have bought great desert tracks which I wish to use when I travel the Canning stock route this year.I have forgotten how to get oziexplorer to find the GDT maps. I need to get them into a map folder and tell ozi explorer the correct path to find them . Can anyone help me in simple terms or is there someone near Geraldton WA or Perth who I can get together with to help me sort this out.
Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wicket - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37
If you have loaded them and know where they are then open windows explorer and drag them into the map folder of oxiexplorer which is also in windows explorer
AnswerID: 348838

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:51

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:51
Hello
Copy both the image files (*.ozf or *.ecw) and the calibation files (*.map) into a folder on your PC. May be easier if you dump them in the same folder you have you natmap series...or the default Map folder under C:\OziExplorer\Maps.

Then open OziExplorer. Under File - Configuration select Map Images tab and in the image file paths select the folder where you maps are. Save . All should be sweet. Main thing is to keep images and calibration files together - this saves some messing around.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 348840

Reply By: bgreeni - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:20

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:20
There are many options for how to arrange your map and data files depending on how you want to use them and search for maps. I have reorganised mine a coiple of times but am still not sure I like the way I have done it - searching now seems to take for ever (but I probably have a couple of thousand maps all up)

If you want some help I live in Perth (Scarborough).

Bruce
AnswerID: 348846

Follow Up By: buick - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 14:11

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 14:11
Bruce
Thanks for your help
Would like to catch up with you to discuss Ozi Explorer sometime when I'm in Perth.
My email is jshalden@wn.com.au

John
FollowupID: 617108

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 13:03

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 13:03
..sorry forgot to mention - most importantly - in Configuration under System tab you should select the Map file path - this is the Folder where the map (.map) files are kept (as recommended, images are best kept here as well) .

OziExplorer will always look in this folder and its subfolders for maps, the preferred choice is to create a folder called MAPS under the OziExplorer folder (default anyway). You could then create subfolders under the MAPS folder to separate your maps into various categories. Even though you can open a map file from any folder the map find function and moving map "find next map" will look in the Map File path folder as the default.

The Map image configuration setting I mentioned before plays a part in the sequence in which images are searched for but having this setto a particular folder is not essential as OziExplorer searches for images in the following sequence..

The link to the image file stored in the .map file is checked
The folder where the .map file is stored is checked
The Image File Paths are checked (if specified)
The Drives which have been ticked are checked
The CDROM drives (if the option is enabled) are determined and checked.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 348850

Reply By: buick - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 14:07

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 14:07
Ok Thanks everyone for your quick and informative replies.
Got it sorted out now.
Just needed it explained in simple terms

Buick
AnswerID: 348861

Sponsored Links