jackaroo water leak found

Submitted: Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 16:36
ThreadID: 6598 Views:2544 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, new to this, but thought after reading regularly to sign up.

I have a 1998 se jackaroo & recently had trouble finding a leak. After many tests with the hose it appeared to becoming in through the bottom corner of the windscreen. Checked with a couple of windscreen companies & they almost certainly ruled out the idea that this was the problem due to the way it is fitted. I had filled the air vents between the bonnet & windscreen with water, blasted the hose against the firewall etc & no water invaded. Yet when hosing the bottom corner of the windscreen, water trickled through. Finally after sheer frustration I took the inner guard off over the wheel & noticed the seal for the antenna & blinker cable looked a bit sus. I shon a torch up inside & could clearly see it. A bit of silicon on the seal has now fixed the problem.

Just thought this may be handy to other Jack owners.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CirclingVulture - Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 20:30

Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 20:30
Where were you when that kid had his finger in the dike ?
AnswerID: 28051

Reply By: Mixo - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:25

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:25
Thanks mate - us Jack owners have to stick together - cars can be a bugger but Jack is as good as any of them - only have to read the posts here to support that. My 99 SE Turbo Diesel is still running fine.
Gotta have red sand on those boots !
AnswerID: 28164

Follow Up By: Joe - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 22:43

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 22:43
Gee Mixo you've had a great run!! 4 years is a long time for a Jackaroo to be still going fine. They usually give trouble long before that. Well done!!
FollowupID: 19553

Sponsored Links