Just gave the wheel another spin .

Well fraser island has come up on the weekend wheel again so looks like fraser again this wekend . Someone has to do it .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:44

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:44
Hi Troopyman

We just got back from Rainbow Beach, Fraser is just a bit far for us
to go for a 3 Day long weekend, from the Gold Coast, we go up
there on a regular basis, on this last trip I was amazed by the amount
of rubbish Day Trippers leave up there, I reckon it must have been a
Baby Gathering, owing to the amount of disgarded Nappies lying
around, it's a disgrace, there's some lazy little mothers who need
an education on how to look after the environment, hope you have
a good trip mate.

Cheers
Daza
AnswerID: 350586

Follow Up By: troopyman - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:00

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:00
Is is far but i find if the tide is right and i leave brissy at around 6 in the morning i can be at eurong around midday saturday . Come back around 10am monday .
FollowupID: 618944

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:17

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:17
Daza,

We went on a recon trip to Fraser Island before our last trip there a couple of xmas' ago (2007). What we found amazed us, a couple of lounge chairs (full size like you have in the lounge room), a home made timber table around 2 metres long, work boots still hanging in a tree, and just general rubbish left around the place. This was all in the space of a couple of hundred metres.

Absolute disgrace.

We dumped some of the stuff off, but unfortunately had no way to remove the bigger stuff..

If people have the ability to carry a lounge suite with them onto the Island then they can certainly take it home.

Then when we were there the 2007 xmas we went around and picked up probably around a half a 2L ice cream container of cigarette butts, cut cable ties and bottle tops over the two and a half weeks.

Troopyman, have a ball over there, my missus could live over there, she loves the place.....

Greg
FollowupID: 618951

Follow Up By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:41

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:41
Hi,

We LOVE Fraser Is we had our honeymoon there we have only been back once would love to spend a good couple of weeks there, we travel to Rainbow Beach every year. The whole rubbish thing really eats at me, we are currently "caravanning" our way around Australia and have been totally disgusted at the way some people leave their camp site especially when bins are provided.

And the way some people treat the amenities at Caravan parks - our 7 & 8 yr old girls are horrified at what some so called "grown ups" leave behind or do.

Cheers
Caroline
FollowupID: 619061

Sponsored Links