Petrol head to Compopression Head

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:05
ThreadID: 66330 Views:1688 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ok so sorry to all the people that involve driving for a living, I don't, ride my pushy to work.

So for my entire life of driving petrols I can't believe how I am so enamoured by a diesel naturally aspirated engine, perhaps on the bitumen it's not the revving that makes the pull difference, perhaps its in the soft stuff than oddly the wheels don't stop turning as the wagon vibrates with compressions, perhaps its the finallly after years of despair a return, almost, to the price of diesel below petrol.

I dunno, I was driving round brissie with 2 days off doing domestic stuff like collecting the mower from a dodgy motor service (dirty fuel), poisoining the weeds on the football field, etc that i realised i loved the shuddering tractor feel the instant lift of the suspension that i never got from a petrol until I saw the revs lifting, etc, I can only dream of what a turbo diesel would be like, unfortunatley perhaps closer to a petrol.

Manye I'm dreaming.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Porl - Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:08

Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:08
talk about double typing, not compopression head, of course "Compression Head". Never been on "compo", perhaps the right to edit your own post might be useful. sorry if this was misleading. And yes, I should have used "spellcheck" as i did for this one.
AnswerID: 351245

Reply By: Member - Stuart W (Vic) - Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:27

Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:27
I know where you're coming from. My job involves driving but I've just started driving my first work diesel. Had a petrol 4wd hilux and a couple of V6 rodeos and most recently a gas powered Falcon RTV. All good cars,as they are when someone else owns them. The Navara I've got now is a 2008 dualcab I don't know the model but it's got the 2.5 l engine.The motor is a beauty for the road,revs like a petrol motor and has about as much torque. Off road on the job involves muddy paddocks and dirt roads. It leaves me longing for the grunty low revving torque of my Hilux 3.0l turbo diesel. I can only imagine the grunt of a diesel 6 or 8 cylinder.
AnswerID: 351247

Sponsored Links