Down loading Images on this site

Submitted: Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 14:26
ThreadID: 66664 Views:1622 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Can someone please explain to me simply on the steps required to insert(download) pics on this site
thanks
Jeff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ron M (NSW) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 14:30

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 14:30
Jeff Go to your profile (my profile) and its all there
Ron MACKENZIE

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 353069

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 15:52

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 15:52
Jeff, if you typing a reply or a blog, go to the "Insert image" button at the bottom of the dialoge box.

2. That opens a dialogue box that gives you two options to upload a photo a) Web hosted photo or b) Upload photo.

3. select the "Upload Photo" option by selecting 'Browse' under that heading.

4. That should take you to the next dialogue box which is basically the same as a "Windows explorer" page. You just click on the "look in" dropdown menu at the top of the page and select the appropriate folder that you keep your pictures in ie: 'My Pictures".

5. This will take you to the folder with your photos in it. If it is in file view and you want to see the photos click on the tab to the very right of the folder address (It's called "file view" when you hover the curser over it ). Left click and select Thumbnail from the drop down list. The photos will now appear as thumbs for you.

6. To select the appropriate photo, double click it and it will take you right back to the original Photo select box. This time the photo address will be in the top line. Click on the line below and type the photo description you want and then click the "LOAD" button.

7. The photo will now appear on your blog or reply.

You can see the results by clicking "Preview" from the buttons below as well. This allows you to have a practice and then just cancel the answer or blog rather than submit.

If the photo is 2 meg or so it will take a little while to load. The smaller the file size, the quicker it will upload.

Hope that was clear enough.

Give it a go.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 353083

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 16:28

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 16:28
Mick,

That was good, but I cannot tell the picture where to go in my blog. I want to add a picture to a certain section, but it went to the top of the page.

Thanks Mick and thanks Mr C.

Willie.
FollowupID: 621270

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 17:23

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 17:23
Hey Wllie,
I believe the picture is inserted where your cursor was before you hit the insert image tab.

FollowupID: 621279

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 17:45

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 17:45
Thanks Jon. Will try that now.
Willie.
FollowupID: 621285

Follow Up By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 18:18

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 18:18
Hey there Mike,

Jon is right. In your blog, put the curser at the spot you want the photo to be embedded and go through the routine. It's important not to "re enter" the blog for want of a better description, until the photo is loaded.

If it stuffs up, you can simply cut and paste the code in the blog. Just make sure you highlight all the text the relate to the photo you just uploaded, including the square brakets, "cut" it and then put the curser where you want the photo and right mouse click and "Paste".Too easy. Mate it's just a bit of practise and after some of your adventures, I'll be looking forward to reading your blogs.

Cheers Mick.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 621296

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:32

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:32
Thanks Mick, very helpful. I understand now.

Willie.
FollowupID: 621322

Reply By: Member - Malcolm (Townsville) - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:39

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:39
Hi Jeff

Technically speaking you are UPLOADING an image to a psot or a blog.

If you want to DOWNLOAD, as you originally stated, if you put the cursor on the displayed image, right mouse click, and "save picture as" you can then save it to a folder in "My Pictures".

Malcolm
living the 'good life'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 353186

Reply By: Member - Jeff C (NSW) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 13:58

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 13:58
Thanks to all for your help. I've now been able to access the download function
jeff
AnswerID: 353791

Sponsored Links