4wd access

Submitted: Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 13:01
ThreadID: 66791 Views:4877 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I will be travelling from goldcoast staying at brunswick heads then onto Yamba. Is their any 4wd beach access
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chisel - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 14:07

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 14:07
South Ballina beach to Evans head.
North of Iluka "Ten Mile beach" I think it is called, up to Black Rocks.
AnswerID: 353794

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 14:29

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 14:29
I have just emailed Hairs as he is a Local to this area and should give you some god info for the Yamba region.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 353803

Reply By: Dan - Yal - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 18:50

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 18:50
cant help with 4WD beach access but the fishermans co op in Brunswick Heads serves the best fish and chips, well worth a try.
Enjoy your trip
AnswerID: 353847

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 20:51

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 20:51
Hi windleybum,
From south Ballina to Evans Head is possible if the tide and there is enough sand at Coffee Rocks to drive around. It is a good run.Contact the South Ballina Holiday Park
They've just recently change hands, but they will be able to give up todate info on the run past Coffee Rocks.
Unfortunately the only place you can get onto the beach south of Evans Head is from the Gap Road just south of Woodburn, About 5.6km.
About 20 odd k's down this road you'll end up at a camp area, I believe it's NP now. There are several beach access tracks here. Again low tide is best. Head down towards Shark Bay. I've done this run a few time now, and it is a good run. Shark Bay is just north of Iluka. From here you can travel back toward the Pacific H'Wway to cross the Clarence River or you could stay at the Woody Head C/park which is National Park Run. A beautiful spot. We visit there each year in the first week of December. Here are a few pics
In the Clarence Valley Council area you need a permit to travel on the beaches, not that there are a lot of beaches to travel on.

Hope this helps,

AnswerID: 353877

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)