4WD Access,

Submitted: Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 21:59
ThreadID: 66810 Views:2146 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Tonight Willem posted some information in post 66801 about his youth in South Africa and his growing up with firearms, the few differences between his youth and mine are the continent.

The bit that prompted my post has nothing to do with Willem or his or my youth. Instead the readers of this forum.

The post below Willem's is titled "SEQ Natural Resource Management" 66800 posted by "robak"

This forum has the opportunity to comment on the future of 4wd access in SE Queensland, but no! It has over 400 views for history that can't be changed opposed to 50 views for setting your 4wd and camping future.

For heavens sake think about it!

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ron M (NSW) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:45

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:45
I think the real 4x4 people are sick to death of Greenies and the doom and gloom of all the crap they go on with .. LETS FACE IT WE ARE ALL GUNNA DIE SOMETIME
Ron MACKENZIE

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 353900

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:48

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:48
Having just read the Draft SEQ NRM Plan, i can summise that many people would not be interested in what is contained in that document. There is nothing that i can see that is controversial, and adversely affects our 4wding and camping future. If there is, can you please direct me to the area. :-)

Most of the outcomes are designed to maintain current 2004-2009 levels by 2031 as far as i can see. Is that not a good thing?

I'm not seeing what the issue is with this Draft plan. please don't take what i am saying the wrong way, it's just that i don't understand your passion.

Andrew
AnswerID: 353901

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:54

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 22:54
Hi Andrew,
I do agree with you on the impact and the need or lack of need for followup.

The bit that confused or annoyed me was the priority assigned by forum members.

Basically what was in one historical and entertaining post was more interesting to a heap of readers than what had the potential to bite them right now.

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

FollowupID: 622033

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 23:14

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 23:14
Ok, now i understand. :-)

I'm guessing that the title may have scared some, with many seeing SEQ and not thinking that it affects them (and in some cases it may not).

Maybe if the link to the Draft Plan was included for easier referencing, as the EO automatic name system is confusing, it might have more feedback as well.....just guesses.

Andrew
FollowupID: 622039

Reply By: Willem - Saturday, Mar 14, 2009 at 08:14

Saturday, Mar 14, 2009 at 08:14
G'day Geoff

I see that too often on the forum. People on the whole want to read something sensational. That is the nature of the game.

Basically we are sick and tired of reports, plans of management etc about a host of things, as we all realise that no matter what your imput to these things are, when governments get it into their heads to do something, and they are advised by special interest groups, there is little one can do about it. So why bother?

So the headline 'Crash in bush' will always get more hits than the headline "Plan of management for the Winelands'

I wrote the story for my website yesterday.(still have to upload it). I thought about the title for a while and although it was not my intention to stir the possum I knew from the heading I chose that it would be evocative. The first lot of replies was what I expected but further down the thread and as the night wore on, some of the replies wandered away from the intention of the original storyline....lol.

Cheers
AnswerID: 353916

Follow Up By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 14, 2009 at 15:28

Saturday, Mar 14, 2009 at 15:28
Firstly have not looked at either post as yet. but do agree with Willem comment most people are sick to death of draft plans, management plans or what ever they want to call them. As far as I,m concerned the plans are only put out to the public so the government is seen to be involving the public in open debate.

Personally I feel the decision is already made and plans are a smoke screen and just a process so the government appears to consult all parties.

If memory serves me correct a marine management plan for one of the areas I fish was open to pubic comment with an appology that submittions close in three days 2 of which being Saturday and Sunday.

I want go into more detail on the above I will say while the subject of management plans etc etc are somewhat boring they are worth reading simply to watch what is being proposed.

I just which they would put it in VERY simple terms in a couple of pages instead of full blown novel.

Thanks
Brian

FollowupID: 622131

Sponsored Links