The Adventure Way - South QLD

Submitted: Monday, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 670 Views:1863 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning on going to Innamincka from Cunnamulla in mid June. How bad is the rough dirt road from Noccundra to Innamincka and how many river crossings etc. As this will be our first off road experience, we would appreciate hearing from more experienced off roaders as to conditions of the road etc. We have compled an off road course and have the necessary recovery gear.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen - Monday, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:00
Carol:
I travelled this road a couple of years ago, there were no river crossings and It was basically a simple 'piece of cake' trip ( Toyota Landcruiser) and I was on my first trip... I would not rate it as an 'off road' experience more as an 'off bitumen' trip.... Drive with ease and nice and easy does it and you will wonder why you ever worried/ bothered to ask !!

It's a lovely, varied and glorious road, enjoy every bit of it !
The pub at Nocundra is just the best !!

Steve
AnswerID: 1808

Follow Up By: Carol Walters - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00
Steve, many thanks, we shall look forward to the trip.
FollowupID: 607

Reply By: Mark - Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00
Ar there Carol,
Normally you wouldnt have any trouble with this section of your trip. However both the Wilson and the Cooper flood out across this track on occasions. Also the road between the Burke and Wills bridge [over the Cooper]and Innaminka can be closed if heavy rains fall. If you have any doubts at all check with the Thargominda Shire
AnswerID: 1830

Follow Up By: Carol Walters - Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Mark, many many thanks for your contribution as well. Will check with Shire before we venture out, but will also keep check on rain in next few months. Thanks again
FollowupID: 622

Reply By: Kev EDWARD - Saturday, Jan 26, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Jan 26, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Carol,
My wife and myself did that trip July 2000. I agree with the comments of both the other respondents.
We went south from Innaminca and used the new road section mainly because the original track had just opened after the wet. I regret not travelling on the original track and I think you will also should you not drive it.
Kev
AnswerID: 1838

Sponsored Links