Big Haul Hand Winch HELP!!!!!

Submitted: Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 19:45
ThreadID: 67018 Views:5465 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a second hand Big Haul 2.5t hand winch, only problem it doesn't have a manual.
I can't engage the clutch to get the cable through the the unit, can someone throw some light on this for me, either with directions or a copy of the manual.

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jdwynn (Adelaide) - Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:37

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:37
Chappo, I own a big haul and have manual, not handy but try this first: get other handles vertical, then push short one down and lock by pushing forward towards cable inlet end. If all greased etc you will find it easy. Need to practice it a bit. If you still have trouble let me know and I'll retrieve manual and check details. I used a Magnum last weekend and found it much harder to use for some reason (design appeared to be very similar??) - and managed to crack fingers/drew blood when trying to engage clutch, so take a bit of care). cheers
AnswerID: 355202

Reply By: DaveO*ST-R - Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:42

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:42
Rob,

With the handle of the unit closest to you, make sure the 2 levers are fully to the left. Hold the unit firmly with your left hand to stop it moving. Using your right hand push the "T Bar" forwards and inwards. By push, I mean it takes a fair amount of force to get the lever to move inwards. Put some weight behind it. You will feel the spring moving. It took me a while to get the hang of it. Move the bar to the left about 7cm and then upwards to engage the lock. Do not attempt to lift the T Bar. It must be pushed forward and then up. You can then feed the wire through the winch. To engage the lock, press the T bar downwards with the heel of your right hand. It will spring downwards and back into place. I hope I have explained that adequately?

I have the manual but am struggling to work out how to scan, then cut and paste the relevant bits. If you want a scanned copy, let me know your email address. Alternatively, the Big Haul is made by Beaver. They have offices in every state and might be able to give you a manual?

Cheers

Dave
AnswerID: 355206

Reply By: Chappo_R - Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 21:50

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 21:50
Guys,
Thanks for the replies, between the two of you I managed to figure it out and added a variation which works easily for me.
With the units carry handle facing me and both levers to the left stand the unit on it's back end (anchor point) and push the T bar down until it locates in its' catch.
I found this a lot easier than trying to do it in the horizontal plane.

Thanks for the help :-)
Rob
AnswerID: 355228

Reply By: Time - Saturday, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:34

Saturday, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:34
I have a .pdf of the "Magnum" hand winch owners manual. They should be very close to being the same.

Send me your email address and I'll mail back to you, time at emailaccount dot com
AnswerID: 355293

Sponsored Links